BEST Company you have ever worked for...

Kent_Mackem

Striker
There may have been a sister thread already but I didn't see it. What is the best company you have ever worked for (excluding your own companies)?

Mine was in Dagenham. The locals knew it as May and Bakers (they always added the "s" like people do with Tesco and Marks & Spencer but never Esso or Microsoft) When I worked there as my industrial "sandwich" year out it was called Rhone-Poulenc Rorer. I absolutely loved it there. The labs were top notch, better than at Pfizer subsequently. There were also some seriously smart people worked there and most of them were jackies.

The original company was famous for inventing and supplying the sulphonamide drugs that saved Churchill's life (and, so the story goes, won the war!) Also, there was a worker there who decked a fireman who wouldn't listen to his pleas not to hose water onto a sodium fire in the plant.

Romford was a bit tasty mind for a night out. Several stabbings during the year. Barking was rough as feck too. Lived there for the last six months. Even the urban foxes looked mustard.

I worked for the Scottish Charity Regulator for 2 years and it was by far the best place I have ever worked. Every single person that worked there was sound, even the Chief Exec (well, I thought he was sound - a few people thought he was a dick but that was only because he restructured the place to prevent job losses).

I worked for the Scottish Charity Regulator for 2 years and it was by far the best place I have ever worked. Every single person that worked there was sound, even the Chief Exec (well, I thought he was sound - a few people thought he was a dick but that was only because he restructured the place to prevent job losses).

What is Croc Dundee holding in your avatar?

Brewery/Bar company in Macclesfield called RedWillow. They’ve just opened a second bar in Buxton. Only spent 9 months there but gave me the space to assess what I wanted to do with my life after I’d sacked academia off the moment I passed my viva. Had a great time whilst doing so.

Absolutely brilliant people.

Avanade not the best wages

But loads of benefits £2k a year to spunk on tech stuff gym memberships etc, Bupa, Free MS Exam Vouchers loads of free bait, Free work do's in London all paid for...

Hays Travel was the best for the fanny...shame the wages were f***ing liftin

Current company , unfortunately it's now also the worst.. 15 /20 years ago I genuinely enjoyed getting up and going to work.. good gaffers, lads were sound and everyone of them took the time to help each other out.. such a shame.. hardly anyone speaks to each other now never mind helping each other..

Worked for a couple of years at Index above High Street Littlewoods in the stock room while I was at uni. Loved it :lol: All MLFs and top banter.

The life insurance company I worked for in Sydney. Tremendous employer really. Good pay and terms. Supportive of staff, very flexible and understanding with issues at home etc. Brilliant modern offices in a superb city location and had a gym. Regular staff events - harbour cruises, parties, coffee mornings etc. Plenty after work drinks and no one batted an eyelid if you cracked open a bottle on a friday afternoon. Best of all it was absolutely teeming with fanny.

Halmond engineering. A local family owned company. Was there 9 years. We used to build from subsea overtrawlable well heads to debris caps and the like for a global offshore company. The head buyer from the company we supplied retired, and was replaced by a nice Polish gentleman. One guess where the work went. We closed down.

Back