Best Chippy In Seaburn?

Well I’m back from the bays and have to say that’s as good a haddock as I’ve ever had. 10/10 for them. Won’t be going anywhere else down there again other than the bays
If im getting fish and chips in seaburn i usually go to minchellas, il give the bays a go next time. Love a bit of haddock.

Ask for a haddock to be put in when you arrive, we had one not so good fish lot during lockdown (fish seemed to have been frozen) but back to being fantastic again.

Til you’ve had issues with IBS / IBD you’ll never understand what a concern that is - my life used to be ruled by toilet access
It will have been frozen. All the best shops use frozen at sea. Far better than commercially available fresh fish.
@ozz is the bay any good?
I’ve never been. I will be going over Christmas when I’m home.
I really don’t like Minchellas at Seaburn. Tried them several times and literally thrown them away twice.
This ^^^.

They even have an award to prove it
I’ve always likes Queens. When I was a kid and spent all my time in Jonnies and Seldons always went to Queens for chips and the gravy was free then.

Last edited:
Ask for a haddock to be put in when you arrive, we had one not so good fish lot during lockdown (fish seemed to have been frozen) but back to being fantastic again.

Til you’ve had issues with IBS / IBD you’ll never understand what a concern that is - my life used to be ruled by toilet access
It's really stressful mind but idiots find it funny

Went to the Bay just after lockdown restrictions were lifted, waited in a queue for about half an hour, chips weren't great like, minchellas and Queens are much better, fish was better than theirs though. Portion size was tiny too, got the bairn a bag of chips and she was still hungry afterwards, get them from Queens and she leaves half when she gets full. Might have just been the timing but wasn't impressed with them.

Went to the Bay just after lockdown restrictions were lifted, waited in a queue for about half an hour, chips weren't great like, minchellas and Queens are much better, fish was better than theirs though. Portion size was tiny too, got the bairn a bag of chips and she was still hungry afterwards, get them from Queens and she leaves half when she gets full. Might have just been the timing but wasn't impressed with them.
I'm a fat gut but usually find it a struggle to complete a Bay Fish n chips. This goes for all chippies.

There was ample down the bays last night. Easily enough. None of the three of us finished

Back