Best Chinese Sunderland/East Durham area

Unless something drastic has changed, Yummy Kitchen is pretty dire. Mind, it'll be a couple of years since I used it.
If you go during the week it's not as good but there is something about it that is great.........the place needs a good decorating like.

i'll second this, portions are brilliant too and as ya said, salt and pepper chips and chicken is on point
Sounds promising will give it a try, will have to zoom back to Seaham with it!

Last edited:
Last time I had a takeaway from here, it was very good.
Strange to speak to a Chinese lass with a broad Geordie accent.
Rings a bell. I’m going back years like, was the worst thing about splitting with my lass at the time, who lived off the roundabout. Loved that Chinese

The new one on Just Eat - Seaburn Dene - is decent. Would vote for Fountain Gardens as the best since Peters closed a few years back. That pissed all over any of them.

Hong Kong Wok on the Barnes roundabout is class mind. Tried a few places over the years but these have been the best. Dont use justeat as the prices are much higher.

Also good is the Fountain Garden.

Last edited:
Graces, Stewart Street Easington Colliery
Even some Poolies travel 10 miles to use it.

Went tonight.
Bad news (for us) that they are retiring and the shop is changing hands in a few weeks.
Another Chinese couple taking over so can only hope standard is maintained.
A lad was in from Sunderland wasn’t confident this would be the case.

I’ll share this now.
I used to, and still do, occasionally visit May Ho in Houghton for my Chinese Takeaway of choice.
I’ve tried,
Magic Wok.
Happy Wok.
Panda Chef.
Dragon Inn.
Lovely.
A Lo. etc. etc.
All canny but for consistency with regard to quality, quantity and taste look no further than Tasty House on Market St. Hetton.
A lovely family business. 👍

Back