Best broadband deals

germanyjim

Winger
I'm just about to complete on a house purchase in Middleton St George just outside of Darlington and we will need to set up a new broadband and phone provider.

Can anyone recommend a good deal and a good company?

Are there any I should steer clear of?

Thanks in advance.

I'm just about to complete on a house purchase in Middleton St George just outside of Darlington and we will need to set up a new broadband and phone provider.

Thanks in advance.
It depends entirely on the area and even the property itself. Have you asked the current owners what they currently have?

SKY seem to have some decent deals at the moment and are generally well rated.

Whoever you go with, expect to moved at the end of the contract as they nearly all put their prices up then!

I'd look on here:
https://availability.samknows.com/broadband/

SKY seem to have some decent deals at the moment and are generally well rated.

Whoever you go with, expect to moved at the end of the contract as they nearly all put their prices up then!
Maybe I'm just a mug, but I tend to stick with what I know works. I could save a few pennies a month by switching but then have nothing but problems. Maybe I've just worked in support for too long though!

Maybe I'm just a mug, but I tend to stick with what I know works. I could save a few pennies a month by switching but then have nothing but problems. Maybe I've just worked in support for too long though!

That makes sense, and I too am happy to pay a little more if I have a good service. Last twice I have switched though because I have had mediocre service and huge price increases at the end of the contract period.

I've had vodaphone broadband in for a couple of months now. Think they are offering new customers £20 per month including line rental.

Had no problems with it so far. Customer service will be poor though if its anything like the mobile phone cs.

I've had vodaphone broadband in for a couple of months now. Think they are offering new customers £20 per month including line rental.

Had no problems with it so far. Customer service will be poor though if its anything like the mobile phone cs.
I had that offer when I switched my mobile to them but I turned it down as I have a good deal from Virgin for broadband only (£24/month) and we've been with them for years with no problems.

When it's working their service is great; their customer service is decent too. However they have a habit of doing service work on their network for days, leaving you high and dry until they're finished.

Never had anything like this happen to us. we've had outages which have been cleared up pretty quickly (a few hours at most)

Never had anything like this happen to us. we've had outages which have been cleared up pretty quickly (a few hours at most)

Had one last week. Router connecting, resetting, flashing for five minutes, connecting, resetting and so on. Rang them to complain and was told that my area had a major fault and that I could expect a reasonable connection with in 24 hours, with my full speed back in around a week. The time-scales were about right, but I couldn't understand why they couldn't have pinged me a text message or something to let me know what was going on. Even their website showed that everything was ok.

Had one last week. Router connecting, resetting, flashing for five minutes, connecting, resetting and so on. Rang them to complain and was told that my area had a major fault and that I could expect a reasonable connection with in 24 hours, with my full speed back in around a week. The time-scales were about right, but I couldn't understand why they couldn't have pinged me a text message or something to let me know what was going on. Even their website showed that everything was ok.
Which area do you live in?

When we've had issues they've never informed us in advance but there's usually something on their website (switch your mobile data on man!!) Any issues we've had (and I can only think of 2 in 5 years off the top of my head so not bad) were fixed within a few hours

Thanks in advance.

TalkTalk. They supply a DLink router now so their service is greatly improved. Plus, they are probably the cheapest and you can claim your essentials package which includes a free mobile SIM for as long as you are with them.

Back