Best Breakfast in Sunderland?

O'sole Mio Cafe...next to St Aidens School ..down from Rosedene towards roundabout on opp side of road( looks like a church community hall)..run by bloke called Pepe ( been in city since 1975).Loads will have passed it and not given it a try.I got taken there by a good marra who
said the breakfasts and lunchtime pasta dishes were superb.He was right.Breakfasts superb and big.
On a different note, for me the highlight for anyone loving an simple " italian" lunch is the Canneloni ...i love Canneloni and this is the best ive ever had..also try the garlic bread(mind nee red paste like on a pizza...just bread, olive oil and lots of roasted pieces of garlic, simple but..loved it)
Nearly but not quite as good as the Best Italian in the World ..the Milan in Wooler!!( check this place out on trip ..talk about a top place in a strange location!)

Know where you mean will give it a try next week

Went to the scullery silkswoeth for breakfast today as was absolutely hanging from night before. But they had stopped serving breakfast at 12. Really, why do places do that? You've got a chef on surely he can still knock up a breakfast.

O'sole Mio Cafe...next to St Aidens School ..down from Rosedene towards roundabout on opp side of road( looks like a church community hall)..run by bloke called Pepe ( been in city since 1975).Loads will have passed it and not given it a try.I got taken there by a good marra who
said the breakfasts and lunchtime pasta dishes were superb.He was right.Breakfasts superb and big.
On a different note, for me the highlight for anyone loving an simple " italian" lunch is the Canneloni ...i love Canneloni and this is the best ive ever had..also try the garlic bread(mind nee red paste like on a pizza...just bread, olive oil and lots of roasted pieces of garlic, simple but..loved it)
Nearly but not quite as good as the Best Italian in the World ..the Milan in Wooler!!( check this place out on trip ..talk about a top place in a strange location!)
I am a resident of Royal Asbrooke Village so really wanted this place to work. Have been twice, first time it was shut (didn’t open till 9.00 from memory? Far too late for breakfast for many). Second time I just got a coffee and it was awful. Weak as piss, dirty steam wand.

I am a resident of Royal Asbrooke Village so really wanted this place to work. Have been twice, first time it was shut (didn’t open till 9.00 from memory? Far too late for breakfast for many). Second time I just got a coffee and it was awful. Weak as piss, dirty steam wand.
Fair play...mate took me and was top notch.Cafe does need consistency

Know where you mean will give it a try next week
Hope its great for you ..had one reply sayimg it was awful when he went...a cafe does need consistency.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back