Best Breakfast in Sunderland?

Apart from Borneo....

You used to get a lovely fry up in the Blue Bell, Fulwell. Easily the best fry up I've had in Sunderland. Definitely worth the £4. They've changed the sausage used now and it isn't as good but still worth a visit if you're over that way. Stacey's a wad anarl.

Best takeaway food in "Sunderland" is Angus Foods in Seaham. By far.

Stay away from O'Sole Mio in Ashbrook unless you want the shits for 2 days. It tastes lovely but there's something wrang in there.

The Barnes is canny if you've a big hole to fill, all-you-can-eat buffet. Unlimited tea/coffee for a quid extra anarl. (Spend the extra quid, don't be stingy. You'll need the fluid to digest the 37 rashers of bacon you're about to eat.)
Stonegate pub breakfasts are shite compared to Wetherspoons, you’re not wrang about Stacey mind.

O'sole Mio Cafe...next to St Aidens School ..down from Rosedene towards roundabout on opp side of road( looks like a church community hall)..run by bloke called Pepe ( been in city since 1975).Loads will have passed it and not given it a try.I got taken there by a good marra who
said the breakfasts and lunchtime pasta dishes were superb.He was right.Breakfasts superb and big.
On a different note, for me the highlight for anyone loving an simple " italian" lunch is the Canneloni ...i love Canneloni and this is the best ive ever had..also try the garlic bread(mind nee red paste like on a pizza...just bread, olive oil and lots of roasted pieces of garlic, simple but..loved it)
Nearly but not quite as good as the Best Italian in the World ..the Milan in Wooler!!( check this place out on trip ..talk about a top place in a strange location!)

Last edited by a moderator:

Back