Best Beginner Running Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatRyan

Striker
Is it better to just run then walk randomly or use an app?

If so which are the best apps?

Need to get this running lark going.

I would just follow couch to 5k or something similar, I've started our lass off this week and have got her doing 30 minutes 5 mins walking 5 mins easy jog then repeat, 3 times a week. Week after 4 mins walk 6 run etc etc and gradually push the time out over the weeks.

Depends how you feel and how fit you are, I think can up it quicker than some of the programs especially if you run at very very easy pace. In the beginning its all about time on your feet than worrying about speed and distance.

When I started (in fact still do) followed Heart Rate training staying at 70% max heart rate all the time which meant 14 minute miles but soon came down. Only issue with that is really have to do a Max Heart rate session first which is a killer, and need a HRM.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/racing/six-week-beginner-5k-schedule/67.html

this seems a bit easier to follow than c2 5k.

Last edited:
Is it better to just run then walk randomly or use an app?

If so which are the best apps?

Need to get this running lark going.
You don't need an app to start running . Many people get wrapped up in the latest must have gimmicks. Heart rate monitor would be handy and relatively cheap if you are looking to reach a personal target of progression .

where are you based? find a running club that does couch to 5k sessions.

I did the parkrun on Saturday thanks to some advice on here :)

I did come in last after starting 5 minutes late but with the injuries I'm carrying at the moment I was just over the moon to be honest.

I usually cycle in and out of work but today I got the train to Victoria and ran the rest which was just over a mile. I'll run down again at home time.

Feel amazing, I was on loads of codeine and naproxyn and sleeping tablets to manage pain, from the first run I have cut down completely and ok I am in agony with my legs but it's all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back