Best 3 bands from the US of A

The Band
The Beach Boys
Love

(honourable mentions go to the absolutely huge plethora of bands from the 50s to the present day of all genres from the immense geographical and cultural melting pot of the USA that didn't happen to float to the top of my head when narrowing it down to a ridiculous 'three')

The Band
The Beach Boys
Love

(honourable mentions go to the absolutely huge plethora of bands from the 50s to the present day of all genres from the immense geographical and cultural melting pot of the USA that didn't happen to float to the top of my head when narrowing it down to a ridiculous 'three')
Agreed can I slip Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band and Spirit on the end of your list.

I will throw in Molly Hatchet - most won't have heard them but they are a canny band (or were in their heyday)

Although not in my top 3 The Eagles deserve a mention
Another good choice. Heart too are a great band.

Chic
Cameo
Zapp

Isley Bros.
Maze ft Frankie Beverley
Earth Wind and Fire

Parliament / Funkadelic
Sly and the Family Stone
Prince and the Revolution / NPG

SOS Band
GAP Band
Commodores

Chuck Brown and the Soul Searchers
Shalimar
The Time

Rose Royce
The Whispers
Temptations
Some killer stuff in that list.

Cheers mate - seen ‘em all live anarl, some of them several times, with the exception of Sly, Chuck Brown (RIP) , Shalamar and Rose Royce.

Lucky man. I still have Larry Graham from Sly and the Family Stone at the top of my "To See" pile. I have had the great honour of interviewing Nile Rodgers and George Clinton in person and Otis Williams from The Temptations over the phone.

Far too many good American bands, any list of the best 3 is going to miss off someone who deserves to be there.
From looking at pure number of albums in my record collection ...

Metallica
Aerosmith
BÖC

Not necessarily my favourite American band, just the ones I like who have released the most albums I guess.
The Doors / Ramones / Lynyrd Skynyrd / CCR have all either not released many albums or I just happened to not own as many

Back