Best 3 bands from Ireland

Have you been following yesterday's big news? :cool:
I did. When I saw he was appearing at that Convention I emailed the organiser several times for a contact e-mail to arrange an interview but I suppose he wanted to keep it so he could (understandably) get the first exclusive.
Vinnie Vincent was in the band when I first saw them at the City hall. I always felt he was too flash. He totally overplayed the solo on Love Gun. KISS wasn`t the place for speed solos although it was the `80`s I suppose and they were trying to revive their flagging fortunes. I`ll always prefer Ace`s approach. I`ll never tire of that.

I did. When I saw he was appearing at that Convention I emailed the organiser several times for a contact e-mail to arrange an interview but I suppose he wanted to keep it so he could (understandably) get the first exclusive.
Vinnie Vincent was in the band when I first saw them at the City hall. I always felt he was too flash. He totally overplayed the solo on Love Gun. KISS wasn`t the place for speed solos although it was the `80`s I suppose and they were trying to revive their flagging fortunes. I`ll always prefer Ace`s approach. I`ll never tire of that.
Ace is the man, though I love Bruce too :cool:
Maybe VV is the woman though - a lot of rumours he's become one!
Either way Vinnie's an intriguing figure. Maybe tried too hard to prove himself in the 80s.

The Saw Doctors
Stiff Little Fingers
The Cranberries
Don’t mean to talk ill of the dead and all that but I will. There’s been a few live sessions on 6music since she’s died and every one of them was absolutely shite. Her voice was all over the knot end and she sounded as though she had lost the plot. The music was good but vocally poor.

Boomtown Rats
The Saw Doctors
U2
I’m seeing you through different eyes now and therefore sending you to Coventry. I don’t get them at all.

Last edited:
Don’t mean to talk ill of the dead and all that but I will. There’s been a few live sessions on 6music since she’s died and every one of them was absolutely shite. Her voice was all over the knot end and she sounded as though she had lost the plot. The music was good but vocally poor.

I’m seeing you through different eyes now and therefore sending you to Coventry. I don’t get them at all.

They were canny up until about 1990.

Back