Bertos pizza in Sunderland

Bertos is quality imo, been reliable for years. Mario's on Fulwell Road does better Pizzas though, if you're after a proper takeaway pizza.
Heard this but never tried them. Will have to give them a go. My mate swears by Star pizza on Newcastle Road but mainly gets wraps and stuff rather than pizza.

Heard this but never tried them. Will have to give them a go. My mate swears by Star pizza on Newcastle Road but mainly gets wraps and stuff rather than pizza.
Prefer Bellinis or Nana Francas for the style of pizza. But if you're after a takeaway one you can't go wrong with Mario's.

Prefer Bellinis or Nana Francas for the style of pizza. But if you're after a takeaway one you can't go wrong with Mario's.
Aye they are proper Italian pizzas. I don't even put them in the same bracket as takeaway pizzas.

I ordered from Volare @ The Boar's Head on UberEats recently and it was excellent quality Italian food. Up there with Nana Franca. Had them a few times now, pizzas, lasagne, tried a few starters - all restaurant quality.

It'll be freezing cold though
With a bit missing
Actually, if you want it piping hot, don’t live in a house without a door number, at the top of a block of flats, or on one of those f***ing stupid estates with bits of the same street scattered over a wide area, half of which aren’t accessible by car.

Last edited:
Their box deals are nice, pizzas are edible. We get

Special box containing donner meat, 2 type chicken, kofta, chicken tikka, shish, salad, chips, chilli and garlic dip, 2 pitta bread, 1 tortilla wrap,10 inch pizza .less than £20 and feeds 4

Favourite takeaway at the minute

Mario's pizza, lovely. Chicken kebabs, lovely. The rest of his food not so great.

Saffron are surprisingly good too.

I havn't been to bertos for a few years, the quality went down. May be nice now tho.

Last edited:
1st time from Bertos Saturday night
Ordered 1815 arrived 1900
We enjoyed it although chips were cold and thought onion rings mightve been homemade, they weren't and they were cold
We enjoyed rest chicken kebab, pizza and potato wedges,they were piping hot
25% off uber eats helped tbf

Fun takeaway fact: they aren’t Michelin starred restaurants. They idea is to get you food as quickly as possible, so anything that be bought in generally is.

Back