Bernardo silva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class signing for them.
Not sure where it leaves the other Silva they have though.
Replaced Navas with Bernardo Silva in the space of 24hrs.. we can only dream :lol:.
Could be wrong but doesn't this silva play more outwide? Can see man city spending a fortune this summer.

Could be wrong but doesn't this silva play more outwide? Can see man city spending a fortune this summer.

Both quite similar, can play wide or more centrally. Assuming the deal goes through, it leaves them with Silva x 2, Sterling, de Bruyne and Sane competing for the three spots behind one of Aguero and Jesus (and Jesus or Aguero can easily fill one of those three positions if they want to play things that way).

Looks like, in addition to Silva and Fabinho, City want Mendy as well. They're basically trying to buy the team that put them out of Europe!

Monaco have signed Tielemans from Anderlecht. He should replace Fabinho or Bakayoko, if he goes to Chelsea or Spurs.

Fair play to Monaco. Hoyed a load of money around initially then stopped, sorted their recruitment out and now they have some of the finest young players around and will reap the rewards. They'll sell them all for big money and replace them with players like tielemans for a fraction of what they sold them for but who have the potential to just be as good.

Fair play to Monaco. Hoyed a load of money around initially then stopped, sorted their recruitment out and now they have some of the finest young players around and will reap the rewards. They'll sell them all for big money and replace them with players like tielemans for a fraction of what they sold them for but who have the potential to just be as good.

Something we should do

As for City they'll certainly compete next season! Pep will bring in maybe 4 more top players along with this lad I think. They could do with new full back, fully expect Kyle Walker to be one. Maybe a new centre half, maybe a centre mid. I would not be surprised if he lets Aguero go mind. Something wasn't quite right a couple of months back.

Last edited:
Something we should do

As for City they'll certainly compete next season! Pep will bring in maybe 4 more top players along with this lad I think. They could do with new full back, fully expect Kyle Walker to be one. Maybe a new centre half, maybe a centre mid. I would not be surprised if he lets Aguero go mind. Something wasn't quite right a couple of months back.

They should chuck everything at trying to get Alderweireld or Vertonghen. They've always had Kompany and a poorer player to go with him. Otamendi is good, but he's not good enough.

Something we should do

Wish we could mate. It's a funny one, teams make it look so easy. Monaco spent a fair whack on silva but I remember watching him in the under 21 euros a few years back and thinking he was going to be class. I'll never wrap my head around how in a time when money has been so rewarding in the premier league we've got scouting and recruitment so monumentally wrong.

Teams all over Europe make it look easy and have a constant conveyor belt of players either being bought in and sold on or developed and I would be interested to see if we have ever made contact with these teams and seen if we can maybe pinch a few of their ideas and implement them or change them slightly to put a stamp on it. I don't know how the ins and outs of that side of football works but I know clubs send young coaches to teams like Ajax and Dortmund for coaching courses and experience so surely a similar thing with recruitment could work.

Haven't seen much of him but when I have he's looked immense. Constant threat. Just the start of City's spending this summer

Thought he was going to Man Utd? On paper a fantastic signing but so was Claudio Bravo and look how that turned out

Monaco, from what I have seen this season on tv, both domestically and in the Champions League have built a very good side. Credit to their manager but sadly the team will be ripped apart this summer. They will get huge money for their players, Mbappe will be the interesting one

Both quite similar, can play wide or more centrally. Assuming the deal goes through, it leaves them with Silva x 2, Sterling, de Bruyne and Sane competing for the three spots behind one of Aguero and Jesus (and Jesus or Aguero can easily fill one of those three positions if they want to play things that way).

Looks like, in addition to Silva and Fabinho, City want Mendy as well. They're basically trying to buy the team that put them out of Europe!

Monaco have signed Tielemans from Anderlecht. He should replace Fabinho or Bakayoko, if he goes to Chelsea or Spurs.
Isnt that mendy the one we tried to sign a few years ago? Seem to remember a pic of him on ellis' private jet or summit.

Becoming less and less interested in the game tbh. What's the point when you build a good side then get picked about by the usual suspects funded by gangsters and oil barons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back