Berlin

Stay in the Hackescher Markt area , it’s got good transport links , bars an restaurants . Walking tours start from there as well , we did a really good general one that covered a lot of interesting stuff.
We’ve stYed twice at the Adina aparthotel Hackescher Markt and it’s excellent.
It’s 5 minutes walk from Alexanderplatz and the 1960s tv tower , 10 minutes walk from museum island , 15-20 minutes walk from the Brandenburg Gate

Stay in the Hackescher Markt area , it’s got good transport links , bars an restaurants . Walking tours start from there as well , we did a really good general one that covered a lot of interesting stuff.
We’ve stYed twice at the Adina aparthotel Hackescher Markt and it’s excellent.
It’s 5 minutes walk from Alexanderplatz and the 1960s tv tower , 10 minutes walk from museum island , 15-20 minutes walk from the Brandenburg Gate
Cheers. Just the information I was hoping for.

Do the hop on- hop off bus tour, good for getting around and a guided tour at the same time- you'll learn loads about the place, ticket is valid all day anarl
Visit the site of the Fuhrerbunker where Jitler and Eva Braun allegedly topped themselves , right next to the Holocaust monument.
Brandenburg gate for that historical feel- look for the filled- in bulletholes-, and next to it is the Hotel Adlon. Not familiar? It's where Wacko Jacko dangled baby prince Michael over the balcony
Jump on the metro, see the Berlin Wall East Side Gallery, along with about a million chinese tourists
See who's on at the Colombiahalle- Liam Gallagher was on there when I went
Checkpoint Charlie for pics, don't let the actors get in the frame cos they charge for it

Fuckloads to do and see, even just getting out and walking about is class- loads of bars/ cafes to stop and refuel
Love Berlin

Don't wear Helly Hanson. I was out walking around Berlin early one morning and an old tramp (possibly pissed) behind me started laughing and pointing shouting Heil Hiltler. I assume it was the HH on the back of the jacket that triggered his outburst as I don't have black hair or a tasche.

Booked up to go there for 3 days. Any advice please on where to stay? See? Eat? Tours?

What is it your into mate and are you going with pals or Mrs ?

I get there quite a bit and stay in the Michelberger hotel in Friedrichshain. It’s East of the city but the best area for bars / nightlife.
A short walk across the river takes you to east side gallery ( the wall ) and then into Kreuzberg which again has great cafes, bars and food. It’s quite arty and has that real gritty Berlin feel.
All sights are also easily accessed from here.
Have fun.

Back