Benidorm

It’s a decent place tbh. It gets a bad reputation, but you are pretty close to some nice towns etc.
And the old town itself is lovely. Some very nice quiet streets to wander. Nice cafes/bars.

Going back with the kids myself in May but we stay at the Magic Natura resort outside of town. It's a really good AI so don't need to leave at all. But will have a pop in to town one day for a wander round the cobbles and a thirsty lunch.

Just booked a villa for April when we are driving down for a birthday celebration.

Don't wear your best trainers, you will never get the smell of bin juice and vomit out.

That's the one thing I'll always remember the horrible smell of warm bin juice and sick as walking through streets.

Also getting brayed off a stripper with a belt haha was covered in bruises was a good night!

Benidorm
Hate the place.
Except when I'm there with the end of season Rugby trip or stag.
Foreign Gay bloke wrote his mobile number on my arm once!!
Not interested but it was nice to be liked:lol:
Hate it, apart from when you go?

What’s there to hate when you’re not there but suddenly make it great when you are?

That's the one thing I'll always remember the horrible smell of warm bin juice and sick as walking through streets.

Also getting brayed off a stripper with a belt haha was covered in bruises was a good night!
Nowt worse than stepping in to a puddle and you realise it's the murky grey of bin juice you've stepped in to.

And the old town itself is lovely. Some very nice quiet streets to wander. Nice cafes/bars.

Going back with the kids myself in May but we stay at the Magic Natura resort outside of town. It's a really good AI so don't need to leave at all. But will have a pop in to town one day for a wander round the cobbles and a thirsty lunch.

You’re the second person to recommend that place. I might have a look. Is the food and drink ok? Plenty for the kids?

You’re the second person to recommend that place. I might have a look. Is the food and drink ok? Plenty for the kids?
I think I spoiled my kids and myself really by going there last year. I should have started out basic with them being young and worked up to something like this place. It's absolutey class. I've asked my travel agent to come up with alternatives but nothing seems to come close - for similar money anyway. It's perfect for kids. Has good pools on the complex itself which the kids loved. But right next door to it is the Terra Natura zoo and waterpark. You can walk through the zoo to get to the waterpark. Plenty of hotel deals have 'waterpark' included but when you check the waterpark is 3-4 miles away so you have to get a bus there. This is on site. Food was really good and my fussy eldest eat loads. Night time entertainment was mostly decent (flamenco dancing aside). And the alcohol is decent premium brands. I was mostly drinking Estrella, Dissarano or (I think) Johnnie Walker whiskey. I've been AI before where you've never heard of the spirit brands and the beer was piss.

I was there over Christmas, weather was spot on, stayed near the old town.....enjoyed it, but it's not really my type of place so not sure if I would go back....

It's our new guilty pleasure.

It is an ugly, brash, Brit fest.....but........beautiful beach, nice old town, cracking climate, cheap as owt and the night time 'cabaret' scene is actually pretty good. We are going back for Easter. You just need to bolt on your chav filter.

tried the search function but just 300 threads of “match on in Benidorm?”

Never been and I ’m off on a stag there next week and I’ve done zero organising

We are all inclusive and suspect will do the usual beers by the pool and strip at night

Any advice on decent restaurants for a long lunch?

Any other tips gratefully received

Restaurante Llum del Mar - very nice but maybe a bit pricey

TripAdvisor has a few, a very mixed bag tho

I think I spoiled my kids and myself really by going there last year. I should have started out basic with them being young and worked up to something like this place. It's absolutey class. I've asked my travel agent to come up with alternatives but nothing seems to come close - for similar money anyway. It's perfect for kids. Has good pools on the complex itself which the kids loved. But right next door to it is the Terra Natura zoo and waterpark. You can walk through the zoo to get to the waterpark. Plenty of hotel deals have 'waterpark' included but when you check the waterpark is 3-4 miles away so you have to get a bus there. This is on site. Food was really good and my fussy eldest eat loads. Night time entertainment was mostly decent (flamenco dancing aside). And the alcohol is decent premium brands. I was mostly drinking Estrella, Dissarano or (I think) Johnnie Walker whiskey. I've been AI before where you've never heard of the spirit brands and the beer was piss.

Cheers mate. I’m going to have a look

Back