Bench press eccentric phase

Status
Not open for further replies.

If anyone is actually taking this pumping of the iron thread seriously FFS ... ;)

I added another mighty 2.5kg to the 5x5 bench today. Although I was conscious of doing all of the things I wanted to do, to be honest by the final set it was enough for me to keep some semblance of good form. My chest was raised, a bit of an arch, forearms straight but all of this eccentric faff and trying to work my pecs went out of the window a bit.

Still I find it interesting to read about it.

Thank you for the help. Keep the other stuff to the Career or ScienceDweeb forum please. :lol:

If anyone is actually taking this pumping of the iron thread seriously FFS ... ;)

I added another mighty 2.5kg to the 5x5 bench today. Although I was conscious of doing all of the things I wanted to do, to be honest by the final set it was enough for me to keep some semblance of good form. My chest was raised, a bit of an arch, forearms straight but all of this eccentric faff and trying to work my pecs went out of the window a bit.

Still I find it interesting to read about it.

Thank you for the help. Keep the other stuff to the Career or ScienceDweeb forum please. :lol:

Got me hopes up, thought we had a ScienceDweeb forum now

It'd be more interesting than anything football related on here.

Now I have a conundrum with deadlifts and scraping shins - I think that my hips are too low but I'm concerned about rounding my back.

I'll have a look at this that you posted way back.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/so-you-think-you-can-deadlift.799050/

I might need to have a look over as I'm not sure if I fully agree with everything I posted or shared back then mate.

However it is common for hips to be very low and for people to try and squat the weight up, which unless you're a massive strongman needing the space between the thighs to let the gut sit, probably isn't the most efficient

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back