Ben White

Hes away for a month tops and thats it. In a lovely hotel, nice food, gym, pool, all the mon cons, millions in the bank and will be going back to his family and mansion in no time. On the other hand imagine being in the forces how hard that would be, months on end in shitty tents getting a phonecall home every other day with shite pay going in your bank every month.

I work away from home, 7x12 hour shifts for a month, home for a week and then repeat, i live in a small onsuite bedroom in a bnb, would love a swim and a sauna when i get in to relax followed by a lovely meal cooked by a chef, if im lucky its facetime the wife and kids, A microwave meal then bed. Believe me i know what homesickness is and that lads got nothing to worry about.
Read the book

Hes away for a month tops and thats it. In a lovely hotel, nice food, gym, pool, all the mon cons, millions in the bank and will be going back to his family and mansion in no time. On the other hand imagine being in the forces how hard that would be, months on end in shitty tents getting a phonecall home every other day with shite pay going in your bank every month.

I work away from home, 7x12 hour shifts for a month, home for a week and then repeat, i live in a small onsuite bedroom in a bnb, would love a swim and a sauna when i get in to relax followed by a lovely meal cooked by a chef, if im lucky its facetime the wife and kids, A microwave meal then bed. Believe me i know what homesickness is and that lads got nothing to worry about.
Aye cos that’s how mental health works.

Last edited by a moderator:

the lad has never claimed to have homesickness-it was just somthing made up by people on this thread.

Aye cos that’s how mental health works.

Exactly. The equivalence is totally pointless. Everyone is different and copes to greater or lesser degree. Some people are just ignorant.
Lads who are in the forces love telling you they’re in the forces

They’re like vegans

Being in the forces is unbelievably tough and they have my utmost respect. PTSD is a known problem and they deserve every support. It doesn't mean that nobody else has problems, however.

Exactly. The equivalence is totally pointless. Everyone is different and copes to greater or lesser degree. Some people are just ignorant.

Being in the forces is unbelievably tough and they have my utmost respect. PTSD is a known problem and they deserve every support. It doesn't mean that nobody else has problems, however.
Absolutely. Not denying that at all

Sea sickness is clearly a physical condition and not generally related to mental illness. If the fact you suffer sea sickness impacted significantly on you day to day to the point of being extremely anxious about sea sickness, experiencing panic attacks, feeling constantly sick then it would be impacting on mental health. We don’t have much info regarding White but if he misses home so much he’s not able to function then it’s not because he’s soft, it’s because it’s effecting his mental health. Mental health isn’t proportionate or rational, things most people will manage become impossible for others, that’s sort of the point, if people could just say “ this is stupid and shouldn’t be an issue” we’d halve the mental health waiting lists at a stroke.
My point is homesickness and seasickness are sicknesses due to being in an environment you're uncomfortable with. Neither of whom are mental illnesses. Do they impact your mental health? Potentially if left sustained but also banging my head on a door can impact my mental state of mind in that moment. Which again doesn't make me mentally ill. To reiterate, IF the reason is said homesickness then it is absolutely the right decision for him to leave the camp and go home. He won't be getting any stick from me. I'd be more miffed if I was Tomori though.
Interesting that's your response to someone who is able to distinguish a difference between homesickness and someone who's mentally ill. FYI, as abovementioned in my previous post, IF the reason is homesickness I totally understand and agree that the decision should be he returns home immediately.

Last edited:
My point is homesickness and seasickness are sicknesses due to being in an environment you're uncomfortable with. Neither of whom are mental illnesses. Do they impact your mental health? Potentially if left sustained but also banging my head on a door can impact my mental state of mind in that moment. Which again doesn't make me mentally ill. To reiterate, IF the reason is said homesickness then it is absolutely the right decision for him to leave the camp and go home. He won't be getting any stick from me. I'd be more miffed if I was Tomori though.

Interesting that's your response to someone who is able to distinguish a difference between homesickness and someone who's mentally ill. FYI, as abovementioned in my previous post, IF the reason is homesickness I totally understand and agree that the decision should be he returns home immediately.

It's all I could muster to such a stupid post. It's potentially a case of poor mental health, though this rumour seems to have gathered speed with little evidence from what I've seen.

Back