Ben White

It's news.
News is discussed.
Don't like it ? Don't read it. Don't comment upon it🤷‍♂️

Alright, sunshine, calm down.

It is indeed news and yes, will inevitably provoke conversation. It's the nature of some of the replies on here that is poor form.

And as much right to express my opinion on here as you have. And expressing it on another thread would seem somewhat pointless wouldn't you say?

Alright, sunshine, calm down.

It is indeed news and yes, will inevitably provoke conversation. It's the nature of some of the replies on here that is poor form.

And as much right to express my opinion on here as you have. And expressing it on another thread would seem somewhat pointless wouldn't you say?
you dont have the right to an opinion on other peoples private affairs
and there is a difference between opinion and speculation..

No one knows what is happening.

But for those questioning homesickness, read Marcus Trescothicks book
Hes away for a month tops and thats it. In a lovely hotel, nice food, gym, pool, all the mon cons, millions in the bank and will be going back to his family and mansion in no time. On the other hand imagine being in the forces how hard that would be, months on end in shitty tents getting a phonecall home every other day with shite pay going in your bank every month.

I work away from home, 7x12 hour shifts for a month, home for a week and then repeat, i live in a small onsuite bedroom in a bnb, would love a swim and a sauna when i get in to relax followed by a lovely meal cooked by a chef, if im lucky its facetime the wife and kids, A microwave meal then bed. Believe me i know what homesickness is and that lads got nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
Hes away for a month tops and thats it. In a lovely hotel, nice food, gym, pool, all the mon cons, millions in the bank and will be going back to his family and mansion in no time. On the other hand imagine being in the forces how hard that would be, months on end in shitty tents getting a phonecall home every other day with shite pay going in your bank every month.

I work away from home, 7x12 hour shifts for a month, home for a week and then repeat, i live in a small onsuite bedroom in a bnb, would love a swim and a sauna when i get in to relax followed by a lovely meal cooked by a chef, if im lucky its facetime the wife and kids, A microwave meal then bed. Believe me i know what homesickness is and that lads got nothing to worry about.

mate having money doesnt mean you cant be victim to the worst feelings

i dunno why people always say this
I think Trescothick was more concerned with his lass being very very friendly with The Royal Marines, allegedly

nah not at all

That is an absolutely ridiculous post. At the end of the day he's human like the rest of us and can suffer from issues just like everybody else. People should also stop banging the 'well he could be in the military drum' he's not because he chose not to just like those serving chose to do so.

Imagine a world where everyone isnt exactly the same and some people find things and situations more difficult than others.

Oh give over. It's not mental illness (providing the reason is homesickness). I get seasick... That doesn't make me mentally ill.
Sea sickness is clearly a physical condition and not generally related to mental illness. If the fact you suffer sea sickness impacted significantly on you day to day to the point of being extremely anxious about sea sickness, experiencing panic attacks, feeling constantly sick then it would be impacting on mental health. We don’t have much info regarding White but if he misses home so much he’s not able to function then it’s not because he’s soft, it’s because it’s effecting his mental health. Mental health isn’t proportionate or rational, things most people will manage become impossible for others, that’s sort of the point, if people could just say “ this is stupid and shouldn’t be an issue” we’d halve the mental health waiting lists at a stroke.

No wonder mental health continues to be a hidden condition by those suffering from it going off some of the insensitive posts on This thread like.

Dear god.

Truly embarrassing the way some troglodytes go on. The kind of people that would openly laugh in your face if you told them you were struggling mentally.

Until you take your own life that is. “That’s awful, imagine being in that place, why didn’t he/she tell anyone?”.

Probably because you’d have been no help whatsoever. you prick.

What does the forces have to do with it?

Back