Ben Holliaoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

essex boy

Striker
would have been 34 this year.... I wonder what career he would have had for England, especially in the shorter form of the game, to which England are receiving such widespread criticism at the moment

Would have probably kept Colly out of the side with his good looks and non-gingerness

was coming into his own in the odi format before he passed away IMO we lost an excellent ODI player

was coming into his own in the odi format before he passed away IMO we lost an excellent ODI player

Agree with that, I think he was one of those players who showed a bit of a talent and got thrown in too early (bit like Freddy, not that I'm saying he'd have been that good) but was starting to back up the early hype.

Used to play some cracking drives over long off without any real follow through.

Agree with that, I think he was one of those players who showed a bit of a talent and got thrown in too early (bit like Freddy, not that I'm saying he'd have been that good) but was starting to back up the early hype.

Used to play some cracking drives over long off without any real follow through.

Luke Wright esque you mean

I always felt he was somewhat left in the shadow of his brother just because he was the younger brother. It felt like England were shooting themselves in the foot at the time because Ben was a reasonable dibbly dobbly bowler and a decent batsman, whereas Adam never seemed to do anything with bat or ball.

Sad loss for the game, he could have been a very good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back