Ben Gardner is live on the radio from Spain at 5pm

Ryan Paris?

That’s the feller. Twas on every five or six songs everywhere you went in Spain that summer. Did nowt back here iirc.

Christ he couldn’t sing could he? It sounded a lot better at midnight under warm skies n ratarsed mind. Give him his due he had everybody up dancing. Even confirmed bar proper uppers like Mesel.

Last edited:
I'll be honest I've nivver heard of it.
Im talking very early 80s here 1982? Twas the big holiday song that summer. I remember a few lasses in our then crowd trying to buy it in hmv on the high st and the shops just couldn’t get it in they said.

1983 Hmmm number 5 in U.K. Number 1 in france, Spain, Norway, Holland, italy, Denmark and number 3 in Germany. I don’t remember hearing it at home. He was Italian! Thought he was American. Every days a school day on RadioBG.

Last edited:
Im talking very early 80s here 1982? Twas the big holiday song that summer. I remember a few lasses in our then crowd trying to buy it in hmv on the high st and the shops just couldn’t get it in they said.

1983 Hmmm number 5 in U.K. Number 1 in france, Spain, Norway, Holland, italy, Denmark and number 3 in Germany. I don’t remember hearing it at home. He was Italian! Thought he was American. Every days a school day on RadioBG.

I was in Arenal Majorca 💃👍 😎

Back