Belstaff jackets

Official Belstaff sites when the sales are on
Their sizing is quite small mind
Amazing quality compared to Barbour
The price difference shows

i work closely with Belstaff and they’ve massively cut corners in recent years which has seen a big dip in quality. For example they now use a different supplier for their zips and they’ve had loads of problems with them getting stuck. The price of a Roadmaster has gone down to £495 from £595 so they are passing on the saving but you’re getting an inferior product.
Barbour make better quality coats, their return rate of faulty items is a lot smaller than Belstaff.

i work closely with Belstaff and they’ve massively cut corners in recent years which has seen a big dip in quality. For example they now use a different supplier for their zips and they’ve had loads of problems with them getting stuck. The price of a Roadmaster has gone down to £495 from £595 so they are passing on the saving but you’re getting an inferior product.
Barbour make better quality coats, their return rate of faulty items is a lot smaller than Belstaff.
Can only speak from experience, I have two similar coats and there's no comparison
Stitching, fasteners ,details ,even the weight
Strangely I find zips an issue the more you pay on most coats ,outdoor trekking stuff etc
On top of that there's the design and look of stuff and I think Belstaff win hands down
.Mine is about 4 year old now and still as new so maybe the new stuff is having issues
I have two sweatshirts bought in the last year and they are spot on

Barbour for me like. Had one over ten years and it’s unmarked, granted I haven’t worn it for hunting foxes or running through forests but it’s been on regularly. Took it to the shop in shields and getting it reproofed for £35 and for that they send it back to me. In terms of repairs as well there’s not much they can’t do so it’s a worthy investment. I’ve had other coats and jackets that have came and went in the time I’ve had the Barbour an all.

Can only speak from experience, I have two similar coats and there's no comparison
Stitching, fasteners ,details ,even the weight
Strangely I find zips an issue the more you pay on most coats ,outdoor trekking stuff etc
On top of that there's the design and look of stuff and I think Belstaff win hands down
.Mine is about 4 year old now and still as new so maybe the new stuff is having issues
I have two sweatshirts bought in the last year and they are spot on

yeah it was about 2 years ago they made the changes. Still a great well made coat, just not as good as it was.
Personally, and it’s only my opinion, I prefer the Barbour designs. Across both Heritage and International their is some great stuff. The Barbour Duke is better than both Roadmaster and Racemaster, again only my humble opinion mate.

yeah it was about 2 years ago they made the changes. Still a great well made coat, just not as good as it was.
Personally, and it’s only my opinion, I prefer the Barbour designs. Across both Heritage and International their is some great stuff. The Barbour Duke is better than both Roadmaster and Racemaster, again only my humble opinion mate.
All you seem to see of Barbour at the moment is over labelled gold zip stuff
All big patches and union jacks
Not my thing
The Duke looks ok

All you seem to see of Barbour at the moment is over labelled gold zip stuff
All big patches and union jacks
Not my thing
The Duke looks ok
I've got an old Barbour Beacon, at least 30 years old, leather collar, re-waxed every other year. Had to fit me own armour as it had bugger all. Had an old Dainese jacket that I stripped the shoulder & elbow pads out of then made a form of fitting inside the Barbour. Wouldn't really trust them to stay in place if I came a cropper, but better than nowt...

Not a fan personally having worked with the brand a bit, always thought they were a bit dump especially considering how expensive they are

Both have their merits but personally I like Barbour more. Especially in the last ten years or so some of their jackets have been fantastic. Belstaff seems to be worn by people without much style imo.

Both have their merits but personally I like Barbour more. Especially in the last ten years or so some of their jackets have been fantastic. Belstaff seems to be worn by people without much style imo.
Aye I get that last bit ,every TV star over 40 seems to wear one with often disastrous effects .
I like this one >

They the Barbour international ones and yes agree bit naff
I had a short one like that ,light armour in for bikes
Had it 5 years sold it for good money

Last edited:

Back