Belfast

The bairn wants to go Belfast for the titanic museum in October, have already sorted flights and accommodation and was wondering if anybody has been to the giants causeway with paddywack tours??
Also any info on things to do in Belfast that a 13 year old girl might enjoy would be greatly appreciated

Similar to me, taking my niece but going via Liverpool so she can do the maritime museum as some on here said that was good for Titanic stuff, overnight ferry to Belfast so gonna lock her away so I can have a pint or two in the bar!!
Will watch this thread with interest 👍👍

We got the shuttle bus from the airport.

My daughter is 15 and likes crime stuff so she really enjoyed Crumlin Road gaol. We also did a political walk with a Catholic and then a Protestant on either side of the wall. That was eye opening and informative. I learned stuff on that as well as the bairn and it's given her a much better understanding of the delicate situation over there at the moment.

We did the Giants Causeway tour with McCombs travel. Good day out with a few other short stops. We had a lovely sunny day for that. I didn't realise how stunning that piece of coastline is.

Did the Titanic Experience but I wasn't overly impressed with it to be honest. When it said experience, I was expecting to experience more of what it was like onboard the ship. There's a lot of boards with reading on then audio visual and interactive things and general background noise, like banging and clanking noises when you're in the section about shipbuilding. Your pace is dictated by the slowest readers, people using the audio visual and interactive things and people stopping to listen to the audio tour. We ended up stuck in bottlenecks of people chatting and all the noise going from the background noise and audio visuals. I found it a bit claustrophobic and the noise made it hard to concentrate on all the reading. There were hardly any artefacts from the actual ship either. If you're going, I would go early morning as it's probably better when there are less people in there. If she's interested in the actual ship and wants to hear more stories about the passengers and see actual things from the ship, the gallery in Liverpool Maritime Museum is better if you're ever over that way.

If you want a snug in the Crown Liquor saloon, book in advance on their website as they sell out quickly. Highly recommended!
Cheers, she's been to the Liverpool one several times as that's where grandparents are from, that why she fancied Belfast
Similar to me, taking my niece but going via Liverpool so she can do the maritime museum as some on here said that was good for Titanic stuff, overnight ferry to Belfast so gonna lock her away so I can have a pint or two in the bar!!
Will watch this thread with interest 👍👍
Would of liked to go by ferry as never been on one but our lass doesn't do boats! 🤢🤢

Last edited:
If you go to the causeway be careful - it’s totally free, but the visitors centre hoardings give the impression you need to pay to go on which you don’t
Seconded. Don’t need to go through the gift shop for “access”. There’s a small entrance just to the side which allows access to the road/path down to the causeway (about a half mile). It’s a public right of way, so free.

Probably just go on a coach tour anyway

It is quite a nice drive around the coast between Belfast and The Causeway if you have a car.

Make sure you look at more than The Causeway itself too, if you walk a bit, the cliffs south of there are actually more interesting than the rocks themselves.

The bairn wants to go Belfast for the titanic museum in October, have already sorted flights and accommodation and was wondering if anybody has been to the giants causeway with paddywack tours??
Also any info on things to do in Belfast that a 13 year old girl might enjoy would be greatly appreciated
Don't know where you're staying, but it's worth paying a visit to the left of the City Hall as you face it, before you go to the museum. There's a memorial there for everyone who died on the Titanic, but it's really sad as it groups families together, they're not just list of names. Entire families gone. Me and my lass (no) walked from there to the museum, it's a decent walk on a nice day.

Off to Liverpool maritime in the morning then ferry to Belfast tomorrow night for the titanic museum and Crumin road gaol with the bairn.
Hopefully I wound be owa sick of boats by the time I’m finished…

Back