Belfast.

I did a short trip last year, flew into Belfast and flew back from Dublin (first time visit to both), spending 2 days in each gettingt a coach in-between, preferred Belfast as it was much cheaper and felt a bit more edgy/less touristy, was quite disappointed with Dublin tbh didn't feel like it had any real must see attractions.

While the Cathedral Quarter does great trade (they see tourists coming a mile off) and the work around the Lagan looks impressive, in general the city centre has rapidly become a heroin, spice and chav infested shithole.

Glad you all seem to enjoy it but it's absolutely not the city it used to be. Sometimes I actually felt safer when it was kicking off properly over here as crazy as that sounds.

While the Cathedral Quarter does great trade (they see tourists coming a mile off) and the work around the Lagan looks impressive, in general the city centre has rapidly become a heroin, spice and chav infested shithole.

Glad you all seem to enjoy it but it's absolutely not the city it used to be. Sometimes I actually felt safer when it was kicking off properly over here as crazy as that sounds.

Been working over Manchester a few month and easy has trebble of those sorts imho.

I suppose its everywhere really, probably more noticeable in Belfast given the city centre is extremely small in comparison.

That said its not a place I really fancy staying past 11pm these days. Absolutely hell on trying to get a taxi around 1am when the shite licencing laws dictate all pubs and clubs have the same kickout time. That just adds to the bother also.

Was actually in Dublin for the first time in a few years around three weeks ago. Price of a pint anywhere that wasn't Temple Bar wasn't far off the price of a pint in Belfast now. For someone who couldn't stand Dublin, I found it a lot better this time around.

I suppose its everywhere really, probably more noticeable in Belfast given the city centre is extremely small in comparison.

That said its not a place I really fancy staying past 11pm these days. Absolutely hell on trying to get a taxi around 1am when the shite licencing laws dictate all pubs and clubs have the same kickout time. That just adds to the bother also.

We may have just been lucky mate, think we were done in by 10pm each night which probably isnt a bad idea.
Booze bike thing was a bit fecking rowdy like:lol:

Have lived in Northern Ireland for 14 years now, have yet to The Crumlin Road Jail tour. Have done the Titanic Exhibition twice. If you do get the chance and are able to hire a car, I would recommend the coastal route as some lovely spots Newcastle, Port Rush, The Giants Causeway. We took a drive up Malin Head in the summer and was quite breath taking.

Back