Belfast

agftm

Goalkeeper
Anyone on here been recently? Ill be there this weekend.

Which sights do people recommend? and also Wheres the best places for a night out/scran?

Ta.

Anyone on here been recently? Ill be there this weekend.

Which sights do people recommend? and also Wheres the best places for a night out/scran?

Ta.

Aye went with work, had a blast (so to speak).

Definately go for a beer in The Crown (most bombed pub in the world) opposite the Europa Hotel (most bombed hotel in the world).

The pub is spooky - where you'd normally have a booth, you have a booth...but with a nice high door attached to it so nobody knows who is in there.

Also go for a tour of the estates - do both the Loyalists and Republican tours. If you fancy something more authentic, get a taxi driver to show you around and not the red buses - they'll tell you more stuff and show you more places.

If you're walking around try and notice the utterly mental stuff - like the gates on high streets where stop and searches were carried out - or the massive padlocks on EVERYTHING.

I want to go back and quite fancy the Titanic museum next time.

Great place for a night. City is fairly small so easy to get around. Great pubs from memory of when I was last there (9 years ago mind):
The crown
Duke of York
Whites Tavern
Kellys
Fibber McGees

I wax there 3 weeks ago on a stag. You want to be in the cathedral area, the dirty onion is good(massive place, gets chocker) as is revolution de cuba. Fibber mcgees is good, we just put Google maps on and walked from pub to pub. On Saturday night I would wear shoes as loads of lads in trainers got turned away from late night bars. It's a nice city, you'll have a good time.

Cheers, will definitely try all those mentioned. I've heard that Harp bar is always rammed with live music on all day? Will all of these bars have the World cup on? Keen on watching the Portugal vs Spain match while im there.

Its a brilliant place
Enjoyed a pub called the telegraph
Went for 3 nights had a great time. Easyjet daft oclock in morning. we were in city centre at 8.45. Dumoed bags in hotel. The mrs(no you really dont) was flagging by 1pm. Asked hotel if we could book in early luckily they said yes, so she wasnt whinging all day

Went round on the tour bus, our lass is from over that way but she'd never been round Belfast. Saw plenty and it went round the remaining peace walls and murals with the guy explaining it all. Not everyone's cup of tea but I find them useful in getting to see what's in a city and getting a bit of the history explained.

We did a tour of Crumlin Road Gaol as well, not all that exciting but it was interesting.

Another vote for the Titanic centre. Give it plenty of time as well as we were visiting just before leaving for the airport and wished that we had given it more time. There’s harbour trips as well if you like boats, though that may not go with the boozing!

Another vote for the Titanic centre. Give it plenty of time as well as we were visiting just before leaving for the airport and wished that we had given it more time. There’s harbour trips as well if you like boats, though that may not go with the boozing!
We spent 4 hours there, it was ridiculously good.

Back