Being proactive

StefansEyes

Subs Bench
I’d love to see the club be proactive we should be looking at a busy summer 6 players needed for me if we lose the two I expect us to (Patto and Clarke) Some good free agents coming available in a few weeks should be making some contact with the likes of Marek Rodak and Ben Johnson so we can (hopefully) then spend money on the spine of the team.

I’d love to see the club be proactive we should be looking at a busy summer 6 players needed for me if we lose the two I expect us to (Patto and Clarke) Some good free agents coming available in a few weeks should be making some contact with the likes of Marek Rodak and Ben Johnson so we can (hopefully) then spend money on the spine of the team.
It’d help if we had a proper manager/coach first?

We get the same lines trotted out after every window, we tried to get one or two in, you have to wait to see what other clubs are doing(yet they seem to manage to buy a striker or two)and we are happy with the squad which blatantly ignores the weaknesses that still haven't been addressed.

Got to be the only benefit to the position we are in? They should really be planning now. We know where we will be at the end of this season. There's no reason why they can't have a list of players ready and contact their clubs/agents as soon as their season finishes.

I'd love to see us try and poach a couple of players from the teams that go up.

We signed Hemir very early on in the window, then by the looks of it the club thought that was enough in the striker department until the season started.
Mad that. Considering he had only scored 2 in 21 at a lower level. No logic to it at all but you are probably right.

One thing we know is it won't be any strikers with experience or pedigree. I don't think he sees any value in the defensive midfield position. I wonder if he's deluded enough to think that Evans will be good enough. Evans was disregarded by mid table Blackburn at 31. He was an injury prone player. 3 years later after a very serious injury at 34, I am expecting him to get a new contract and be part of the squad 😂😂

I'd for an experienced centre back, 2 X experienced central midfielders, 2 X experienced strikers.

Clarke will go, would try and get ekwah out if possible.

Peddle Roberts anarl.

Downed tools the moment he got a contract, he can fuck off.

Sign: a striker, a DM, two wingers and a GK.

Convert Hume to CB and Luke to DM. Bellingham to striker, if experiment for rest of this season looks promising.

Sign a RB if neither Huggins or Pembele look capable of getting fit.

Retain Evans if he is fit.

Release Dack.

Promote the young lad out at Darlington to the bench GK role.

If above squad balanced, loans for Hemir, Mayenda, possibly Ba.

If Bellingham isn’t seen as striker, sign another one.

Last edited:
We get the same lines trotted out after every window, we tried to get one or two in, you have to wait to see what other clubs are doing(yet they seem to manage to buy a striker or two)and we are happy with the squad which blatantly ignores the weaknesses that still haven't been addressed.
If everyone followed our thought process there would literally be no transfers.

We’re so amateurish.

Be even worse this summer. Euro’s are making the market stagnant, Olympics are keeping DoF preoccupied, hosepipe bans causing consternation in the market ….

We tried to get deals over the line but ….

Back