Being late on the 1st day of a new job.

It doesn’t matter what time I started, the earliest I could leave would be 4.30. Then i have to go and do stuff with the kids after that so I’m generally not back in the house much before 9.

Nah, not me. I get up at 7.15 on a work day and any time between 10 and 1 on a weekend.

Cos it takes time to make and I don’t start til after 9.

Everyone at our place lives within 10 minutes of work except me. They don’t have to negotiate the A1.

Tries to get as much time as possible being awake, but stays in bed until 1 o clock on the weekend. 🤦‍♂️

Anyone that is consistently late for work wants sacking. Timekeeping is very simple and if you struggle to get in on time because of traffic or other shitty reasons then start leaving the house earlier. Your reasons are shite when the rest of the team have managed to get here before or bang on 9am.
IMO this is the crux. If you got a reason fair enough neebodys perfect. If you've got an excuse...fuck off.

It doesn’t matter what time I started, the earliest I could leave would be 4.30. Then i have to go and do stuff with the kids after that so I’m generally not back in the house much before 9.

Nah, not me. I get up at 7.15 on a work day and any time between 10 and 1 on a weekend.

Everyone at our place lives within 10 minutes of work except me. They don’t have to negotiate the A1.

You best negotiate the A1 earlier then Dave.

Tries to get as much time as possible being awake, but stays in bed until 1 o clock on the weekend. 🤦‍♂️
Ahhhh but only if I’ve been on the piss and up til daft o clock.
I negotiate the A1 every work day. Still have my tea hours earlier than @Dave Herbal
Tbf there’s rarely a problem there, but if there is it can cost vital minutes. The commute takes 45 minutes so I leave 45 minutes before work.

Last edited:

I suppose that could be because of the daily routine you’re in.
I get up at 5am Mon - Fri and am very rarely up later than 10pm on a week night.
On a weekend if I sleep till 8am I consider that to be a good lie in.
But that’s all down to the same routine I’ve been doing for years.

I suppose that could be because of the daily routine you’re in.
I get up at 5am Mon - Fri and am very rarely up later than 10pm on a week night.
On a weekend if I sleep till 8am I consider that to be a good lie in.
But that’s all down to the same routine I’ve been doing for years.
See, this is exactly the kind of life that I don’t really get. You get up at 5, so what do you do between getting up and going to work? I suppose you could walk the dog or do some other kind of exercise, but you’re quite limited. But after 10 most people are still up so you can do things with other people. I was at the pictures til almost midnight the other night for instance. There are more things you can do between 10 and midnight than there are between 5 and 7am. I mean, it wouldn’t be a quantum leap for me to go to bed at 12 instead of 2, still have the same social life and gain an extra 2 hours sleep, but I didn’t see any point whatsoever in getting up before 7.

See, this is exactly the kind of life that I don’t really get. You get up at 5, so what do you do between getting up and going to work? I suppose you could walk the dog or do some other kind of exercise, but you’re quite limited. But after 10 most people are still up so you can do things with other people. I was at the pictures til almost midnight the other night for instance. There are more things you can do between 10 and midnight than there are between 5 and 7am. I mean, it wouldn’t be a quantum leap for me to go to bed at 12 instead of 2, still have the same social life and gain an extra 2 hours sleep, but I didn’t see any point whatsoever in getting up before 7.

I walk the dog for an hour when I get up before I get showered and ready for work.
I find a good walk doesn’t half wake you up , plus it’s a good way of getting my steps up.
I don’t do any rigorous exercise so it suits me to get up early.
As for after 10pm , other than going for a drink I can’t see what I’d do with other people, and tbh I try not to drink when I’m at work the next day.

I walk the dog for an hour when I get up before I get showered and ready for work.
I find a good walk doesn’t half wake you up , plus it’s a good way of getting my steps up.
I don’t do any rigorous exercise so it suits me to get up early.
As for after 10pm , other than going for a drink I can’t see what I’d do with other people, and tbh I try not to drink when I’m at work the next day.
I’ve been threatening to get up and go for a run or turbo session before work for about 10 years now and still never managed it once. :lol:
Fair enough if you’ve got nowt to do on a night like. But I’ve got the kids up til at least 10.30 3 nights a week; I’m working til midnight one night; im at the pictures til gone 11 one night, i’m in the pub til after 1 one night. So I only have one night I could go to bed early and I’m at our lasses.

I’m rarely up after 10pm on a school night these days, used to go to bed about 1am and up at six but can’t do that anymore. Think I’ve just grown up.

I’m rarely up after 10pm on a school night these days, used to go to bed about 1am and up at six but can’t do that anymore. Think I’ve just grown up.

I was up until about 4 o clock last Saturday night & because of that, I've fallen asleep on the couch at about half nine every night since. My body just needs sleep.

I was late for a meeting on Friday cos child 1 was having a go-slow.
I was late for work yesterday cos child 2 forgot her packed lunch and child 1 mislaid his shoes, which also made him late for school.
I was late for work today cos I got stuck behind a digger for miles.

Back