Being asked for ID for Red Bull etc

I was laughing my head off at Morrisons Doxford Park Garage. This kid rolled up filled his car up next to me. I went in to pay and buy a sandwich and he bought a can of red bull. The bloke asked him for ID

Even though he just saw him buy petrol for his car :lol:

The lad went “but I’ve just put petrol in me car” and the lad went “I know but I’ve got no proof you’re over 16. He paid for his petrol and stormed out calling the bloke a “stupid fat ****”

Might be getting mixed up with Challenge 25. If they don't ask for ID for people buying booze and fags who look under 25, they get into trouble.

Unfortunately. My favourite pub was closed down, allegedly for repeatedly serving people under the age of 18, one of whom was part of a sting operation.

I've never seen anyone in that pub other than myself and my mates who were under 40 mind.

The shop in the next street got closed down for repeatedly selling drink to underage children. It's not allowed to be a convenience store now and I have to walk across the field to the other shop if I run out of milk.

I was working in New jersey 18 years ago and we used to go to the same bar most nights. I was 30 at the time...

knew the doormen.. had some chat.. used to get asked nearly every night. "alright lads.. you back again"

"yep.. more beer"

"got id... yep here you go"

I'm thinking... Martin Clunes will play you when that's turned into a mini-series.

I once read a story about a lass in Bargain Booze who refused to serve a pensioner as he didn't have ID and she'd been told to ask customers for ID.

Took it a bit too literally it seems.

Should go all or nothing. Like the states. Doesn’t matter your age, you need proof of age to serve anything that’s age restricted.

Takes away any ambiguity.

It's a pain in the arse as it doesn't achieve anything and means you have to lug id all the time

How is it a pain in the arse?

Do you not have your drivers licence in your wallet? I don’t have to lug mine anywhere, it fits in one of the card slots without me even realising it’s there.

How is it a pain in the arse?

Do you not have your drivers licence in your wallet? I don’t have to lug mine anywhere, it fits in one of the card slots without me even realising it’s there.

Often carry my debit card and some cash and nothing else.

What does it achieve.. it will slow up business at the pub... They know I'm an old hairy knackered who is well over 18. What will be gained from checking my ID.. there is no ambiguity

Back