Behind Monitor LED strips

Ive got a Philips hue strip behind my tv, which I also use to play my games on too, and it looks lush!
You can get an app which lets you point your phone camera at the tv and it’ll see what colours are onscreen and keep changing your hue lights accordingly. It totally increases the immersion.

Update coming to remove the need for a phone as well! It’ll get the colours from the source!

Love owt like this me :lol:

can you get these that work with alexa.

Philips hue works spot on with Alexa amongst others aye.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/bgr.com/2018/01/10/philips-hue-entertainment-ces-2018-release-date/amp/

Last edited:
Here's an update. I've added a dual monitor stand which is at its absolute limits size and weight wise.
My 4K monitor did not have a Vesa mount so I had to make one.
The sticky is coming off on the LED strips, but that was expected and easily fixed.

Logon or register to see this image

Yes the wallpaper is still shit / outdated etc etc.. and I'm in on a Friday because I'm getting shitface tomorrow before anyone asks :lol:

got a my whos making me something like those nano leaf aura type things on his 3d printer.

He did a early prototype using LED strips but they didn't light the whole panel up, he tested it using a individual LED in each corner and it seemed to work much better.

Not quite there yet but theres potential at a fraction of the cost

If anyone has a PC/Mac connected to their TV with Hue light strips etc.. check this out!

ScreenBloom

Similar to what Philips will bring later this year, takes the average colour from the display and changes lights accordingly.

No need to sit with phone pointed at the screen now! :lol:

Back