Beginning of the end?

Plenty of unvaccinated flu patients in ICU's every winter...where do we draw the line? You can add to that anyone who doesn't look after their body because they know the NHS will catch them when they fall.

Being a selfish bastard it not exclusive to the Covid virus.
Not that many actually, certainly not enough to require a whole second unit. During swine flu I remember people getting really worried because there were 17 patients in the whole region on ITU. The vast majority of people who die of flu are the frail elderly who aren't eligible for ITU care so no there aren't significant numbers of people with flu in ITU. Still what do I know. I only worked in ITU for 7 years.

Not that many actually, certainly not enough to require a whole second unit. During swine flu I remember people getting really worried because there were 17 patients in the whole region on ITU. The vast majority of people who die of flu are the frail elderly who aren't eligible for ITU care so no there aren't significant numbers of people with flu in ITU. Still what do I know. I only worked in ITU for 7 years.

The bit in bold is the problem at the moment. We see loads of data on cases, hospitalisation, cases etc. but there is no context as to what is normal.

Is 300 people dying of respiratory illness each day over winter normal? Are the same number of people dying at the moment over winter as we'd expect to see? People die or end up in hospital all of the time, it's difficult to know if this is to be expected.

I am not trying to demean the NHS, but there is a winter crisis every year. It should be sorted but is this off the scale compared to normal or not?

You know more than me.

Now now .
I have been triple vaccinated but that was my choice.
Not every unvaccinated person is an idiot.
They have made a choice based on personal risk and or beliefs.

If you end up on ITU battling for your life then one could argue you fucked up somewhat on your risk benefit analysis.

I wouldn’t go that far as the world isn’t vaccinated and there’s every chance something worse could happen

I don’t mind Admitting I’m wrong and I think the government and advisers just about got it right over the festive period

I think they were lucky in a way that omnicron came. Mild but just spreads everywhere which in a strange way has helped
Nor. It was in response to a poster saying it'll be over when the BBC tell us it's over. Where they lead others cower in the wake according to the license fee thread

Mate

There’s no end date with a countdown and a party

What the fuck are you talking about

Last edited:
There will be a few on here not happy that passports are getting ditched, they will have to take their chances now being in the same buildings as them evil people who have not been vaccinated.

I wouldn’t go that far as the world isn’t vaccinated and there’s every chance something worse could happen

I don’t mind Admitting I’m wrong and I think the government and advisers just about got it right over the festive period

I think they were lucky in a way that omnicron came. Mild but just spreads everywhere which in a strange way has helped

Mate

There’s no end date with a countdown and a party

What the fuck are you talking about
Am not explaining a very complex and subtle satirical joke to thickheads again

It's ok to be stupid. Carry on...

You have to think its going to take something pretty catastrophic to happen for us to see any major restrictions now
We actually have less rules in place than we did when plan B was put in place. Isolation has been reduced twice and travelling is easier than it's ever been. My predictions are Isolation scrapped in the spring and testing scaled back by start of the summer.

Back