Beginners running group

D.A

Striker
Sunderland strollers launch their annual beginners course on Monday 20th Jan 2020.

The aim is at the end of 16 weeks you will be able to run / jog approx 5 mile in an hour or under.

Don’t miss out as it only happens once a year and even if you are nervous, the Strollers are a friendly group and will welcome and encourage you.
First few weeks of the sixteen week course start off with a 2 mile flattish route. We go in six groups depending on current ability. Pack 1 being you can already run (not fast) approx 2 mile, all the way to, pack 6, not ran before but could manage the two mile at a very slow jog or walk.

Any questions just ask...

Sunderland strollers launch their annual beginners course on Monday 20th Jan 2020.

The aim is at the end of 16 weeks you will be able to run / jog approx 5 mile in an hour or under.

Don’t miss out as it only happens once a year and even if you are nervous, the Strollers are a friendly group and will welcome and encourage you.
First few weeks of the sixteen week course start off with a 2 mile flattish route. We go in six groups depending on current ability. Pack 1 being you can already run (not fast) approx 2 mile, all the way to, pack 6, not ran before but could manage the two mile at a very slow jog or walk.

Any questions just ask...

I would have done this but the bairn wants to start joining me on runs and I saw that this was for adults only.

I think that's too young, I think 16+ might have been ok. I can ask?
No worries mate. She’s sporty and doing PE and nutrition for GCSEs so I’m trying to encourage that, even though I struggle to get more than a few miles at a decent pace at the moment.

The sunderland harriers seem to have a good kids setup, and Houghton too
Houghton set up is class for kids , they are consistently producing some great young runners , unfortunately for them they then seem to get poached by bigger clubs
sunderland also has a kids set up - tues and thurs 630pm meet at ski lodge , silksworth

She’ll be there. In her £140 running trainers. In the colour she wanted. That she bought in April. That are still in the box.
I take it you’re part of the club tho? I’m interested in joining a running club. I can run a long way but not very fast😂
Aye, get yersel signed up with the Strollers. Few others post on here, all canny.
Main club night is a Wednesday. You can give it a try before you decide to sign up and become a member

Back