Before heading to Wembley

I'll be going in to Wembley as early as permitted and drinking in the 3 lions bar. No pissing about like last time. Good beer, scran, comfortable.

I've booked a table (again) upstairs in O'Niell's for breakfast at 11.30 on the Sunday.

The pub was chocka for the Checkatrade but it was half empty upstairs. We had breakfast and a beer, very good. Then we got another beer and took it downstairs to meet the lads.

Drop them an email and Jackie will get back to you.

[email protected]

Never even knew they had an upstairs :lol:

Never even knew they had an upstairs :lol:

Me neither and it was about the 10th time I'd been in.

I went online and tried to book a table but it wouldn’t let me. I think they stop bookings when a big game is in town. So I emailed and they said OK for bookings upstairs. I walked in and asked how you get upstairs? It's on the left and towards the back. There's a side door but not sure if it was open?

Anyone drinking around Euston station try the Euston Tap right outside it in one of the gatehouses, great range of different beers and nice and quirky with a little beer garden if it's warm, nice barmaids anarl if that is of any interest....

Anyone drinking around Euston station try the Euston Tap right outside it in one of the gatehouses, great range of different beers and nice and quirky with a little beer garden if it's warm, nice barmaids anarl if that is of any interest....
You heard of a bar called the cock tavern near Euston station,what's that like

Any idea how long it takes to walk from Wembley Park to the ground.

Not meant as a daft answer as I'm assuming you need to catch a train but it depends on the number of people on Wembley way. You could probably walk/jog it in a few minutes with a clear road but if you are stuck in the crowd you are restricted to their pace and the odd health and safety intervention from the stewards. We took an hour to walk up having a chat with people.

Not meant as a daft answer as I'm assuming you need to catch a train but it depends on the number of people on Wembley way. You could probably walk/jog it in a few minutes with a clear road but if you are stuck in the crowd you are restricted to their pace and the odd health and safety intervention from the stewards. We took an hour to walk up having a chat with people.
Just that we hopped on a bus coming out of the Pompey game. Took about 90 minutes stuck in traffic. Was going to walk it.

10 minutes. You walk out the station, down the steps and you're at the start of Wembley Way
Ta, but that's Wembley tube station. Wembley Park is a bit further.

Last edited:
Wee Phillie not doing owt this time?

I would usually avoid him like the plague for home games but went along to the sports bar at Marylebone and enjoyed it. Was a laugh. Mind I was chemist again after 1 pint.

Last edited:

Back