Before heading to Wembley

Haway 501

Central Defender
Where will people be gathering before heading off to drink cans on Wembley Way?

Went to the Globe before the Pompey match but the atmosphere was edgy and not pleasant, especially as I had my son with me.

So where to head for a sing song and a beer with our own fans. Can’t just follow the crowd from Kings Cross as travelling into Euston.

Went to the Globe before the Pompey match but the atmosphere was edgy and not pleasant, especially as I had my son with me.

So where to head for a sing song and a beer with our own fans. Can’t just follow the crowd from Kings Cross as travelling into Euston.
Don't know were the Globe is ,but don't think it will be Edgy with Charlton fans

Euston is a 10minute walk to Kings Cross

Don't know were the Globe is ,but don't think it will be Edgy with Charlton fans
Globe is Baker St

We went to the Torch and it was canny but quiet

Was a ballache to get served in there before man city, was it sound for Pompey?

Pop in to o'neills at Euston, that will be packed full of Sunlun and just gan from there

Last edited:
Was a ballache to get served in there before man city, was it sound for Pompey?

Pop in to o'neills at Euston, that will be packed full of Sunlun and just gan from there
That sounds like a plan, there’s just me and me 16 yr old coming down so could do with a crowd of lads.
Where’s the Torch?

Last edited:
Il get to kings cross at half 10 ages til I meet anyone. Il find somewhere for a massive breakfast not sure after that.

Euston Flyer was all Sunderland last time and not as busy as O'Neils.

Il get to kings cross at half 10 ages til I meet anyone. Il find somewhere for a massive breakfast not sure after that.

I've booked a table (again) upstairs in O'Niell's for breakfast at 11.30 on the Sunday.

The pub was chocka for the Checkatrade but it was half empty upstairs. We had breakfast and a beer, very good. Then we got another beer and took it downstairs to meet the lads.

Drop them an email and Jackie will get back to you.

[email protected]

I've booked a table (again) upstairs in O'Niell's for breakfast at 11.30 on the Sunday.

The pub was chocka but it was half empty upstairs. Had breakfast and a beer, very good. Then we got another beer and took it downstairs to meet the lads.

Drop them an email and Jackie will get back to you.

[email protected]
Cheers matey i might just do that

[QUOTE="Aldyyyy, post: 29757764, member: 21660"]Was a ballache to get served in there before man city, was it sound for Pompey?

Pop in to o'neills at Euston, that will be packed full of Sunlun and just gan from there[/QUOTE]
Was sound to get served. No issues. No great atmosphere from the fans mind, but had to met family in there so all good.

If you have 5 pints at a fiver a pint it would cost you about 10 quid more than it would in Sunderland.
got an 8 yr old as well this time. We can spend a fiver at lidl and grab 8 cans :D One of us is driving back anyway after game so we both cant get pissed

got an 8 yr old as well this time. We can spend a fiver at lidl and grab 8 cans :D One of us is driving back anyway after game so we both cant get pissed

Oh well, obviously you can't get the bairn a couple of cokes or something :) Drinking on the street isn't for me. I'll be having a few pints in a boozer.

I'm saving about £65 on my rail travel. Driving to Wakefield, £51 ticket with a seat. Petrol and parking to pay for on top between 2 of us. Got digs in a decent hotel for £56 bed only split 2 ways for Sunday night. I'm not one for tossing money away.

However, I won't be budgeting in London.

I found the Globe fine before the Pompey match at the time we were there, plenty of us and plenty of them both singing away and didn’t feel any edge at all from either side. Will probably head there again seeing as it’s on the way from Kings Cross to Wembley.

Oh well, obviously you can't get the bairn a couple of cokes or something :) Drinking on the street isn't for me. I'll be having a few pints in a boozer.

I'm saving about £65 on my rail travel. Driving to Wakefield, £51 ticket with a seat. Petrol and parking to pay for on top between 2 of us. Got digs in a decent hotel for £56 bed only split 2 ways for Sunday night. I'm not one for tossing money away.

However, I won't be budgeting in London.
Each to their own mate, if i was on my own, or with mate, then maybe we would do pubs. If it was upto me i'd leave the little bugger at home :p

Back