Beer

Okay, I have witnessed ‘men’ discussing ingredients of the beer on more than one occasion. Where do you think they get his info from? Admittedly, it may not be the day before, but that’s not really the argument is it? Or do you prefer trying to score points on side issues rather than the main one?

Well I can taste what hops are in a beer by drinking it. Can’t you?

Okay, I have witnessed ‘men’ discussing ingredients of the beer on more than one occasion. Where do you think they get his info from? Admittedly, it may not be the day before, but that’s not really the argument is it? Or do you prefer trying to score points on side issues rather than the main one?

I drink in craft breweries and craft beer bars every weekend. And have never once witnessed people discussing the ingredients in beer, just having a pint and enjoying their day. I reckon you’re talking out of your scratter arse.

A caveat to that would be I also tend not to listen to other people in the pub, as I’m having a conversation with the people I’m with.

Well I thought it was fair game as you were accusing me of having a big ginger beard, full sleeve etc. If you’ve seen and listened to that it doesn’t sound like you’re having that much of a night with the lads if that’s the entertainment for the night. Sounds crap tbh.

Aren’t most beers a blend of hops?

Loads of modern styles are single Hopped. Or at least single aroma Hopped.

When it comes to IPAs with a blend of American or Antipodean aroma hops I can generally pick out which ones they are. I’m not quite as hot on the English ones.

I think most people would struggle to pick out which variety of barley or wheat was used but then beers tend not to advertise them so it’s unlikely you’ve ever heard anyone discussing that, unless you spend literally all your time eavesdropping.

As for other ingredients - e.g a fruit adjunct - again that’s obvious by tasting it.

I drink in craft breweries and craft beer bars every weekend. And have never once witnessed people discussing the ingredients in beer, just having a pint and enjoying their day. I reckon you’re talking out of your scratter arse.

A caveat to that would be I also tend not to listen to other people in the pub, as I’m having a conversation with the people I’m with.
Even if he has I’m sure he’s aware not everyone does this. I mean he is lying like so it’s not worth discussing

Loads of modern styles are single Hopped. Or at least single aroma Hopped.

When it comes to IPAs with a blend of American or Antipodean aroma hops I can generally pick out which ones they are. I’m not quite as hot on the English ones.

I think most people would struggle to pick out which variety of barley or wheat was used but then beers tend not to advertise them so it’s unlikely you’ve ever heard anyone discussing that, unless you spend literally all your time eavesdropping.

As for other ingredients - e.g a fruit adjunct - again that’s obvious by tasting it.
Even if he has I’m sure he’s aware not everyone does this. I mean he is lying like so it’s not worth discussing

I’ve witnessed this twice in the last month or so, on both occasions I was being served at the bar and both times the lads had chequered shirts, beard and sleeves. The first time, I was in slight disbelief, the second time was almost a carbon copy.

I’ve witnessed this twice in the last month or so, on both occasions I was being served at the bar and both times the lads had chequered shirts, beard and sleeves. The first time, I was in slight disbelief, the second time was almost a carbon copy.
Where at? Those types normally go for peroni.

Very odd this like.

I have loads of mates who like craft beer. There’s the odd chequered shirt and beard (I often don’t shave at the weekend) but none of them have sleeve tats.

I also frequent loads of craft beer breweries and bars and don’t recognise your characterisation. The sleeve is the preserve of your average lager lad imo.

Very odd this like.

I have loads of mates who like craft beer. There’s the odd chequered shirt and beard (I often don’t shave at the weekend) but none of them have sleeve tats.

I also frequent loads of craft beer breweries and bars and don’t recognise your characterisation. The sleeve is the preserve of your average lager lad imo.
Well it’s made up isn’t it?

What were you stood at the bar for in a restaurant? Never been to the bar in there they just come to your table normally.

Unless he was just on his own and therefore the only entertainment was listening to these young lads crack.

Downstairs is closed for refurbishment. I popped in for a beer as my son was at gravity force with his mates and I fancied a pint. Owt else you want to know?

They’re not craft beer pubs are they? What were the lads in question drinking?
LB do about six. I went in when I lived there and it is absolutely rotten. Couldn’t even cook a burger. Says everything about this Kevin lad. Going out for pints in essentially a wacky warehouse style pub.

Downstairs is closed for refurbishment. I popped in for a beer as my son was at gravity force with his mates and I fancied a pint. Owt else you want to know?
Aye you said you were with your mates. Did they come along to gravity force when you were taking your son there?

Seems a bit odd.

They’re not craft beer pubs are they? What were the lads in question drink
Aye you said you were with your mates. Did they come along to gravity force when you were taking your son there?

Seems a bit odd.

I never said that. I said that’s not the type of conversation I have with my mates when I’m out. The two were not on the same occasion, but that’s got fuck all to do with the point in hand other than you looking to score points again.

Back