Beer

SnakeEyes

Midfield
Since when did beer and ale start to be described like wine?

Apparently my Stoke Amber should taste like "toffee flavours of five malts". Wtf :rolleyes::rolleyes::oops::oops::lol::lol:

Btw it's tastes nothing like toffee. It's a strong flavoured ale imo.

It seems to placate the hipsters as well but upset those who persist in calling beer ale!

I know that it's been called ale for centuries but now is only called that by pretentious ninnies!

Since when did beer and ale start to be described like wine?

Apparently my Stoke Amber should taste like "toffee flavours of five malts". Wtf :rolleyes::rolleyes::oops::oops::lol::lol:

Btw it's tastes nothing like toffee. It's a strong flavoured ale imo.
Since it became gentrified for the new middle classes .
Once upon a time it was wash to salve a dry farmer's or welders throat or a substance to be consumed in volume to fuel social merriment in the short hours away from the hard graft .
That's how we consumed it , fast , in volume and standing , it never touched the sides . The leisured home based classes have found time to sit chew it and discuss it and the marketing men follow the dollar creating a discerning image for the purchaser to revel in .
Imagine the lads coming out the yards or up from the pits saying , " nah I don't drink in there there is a slight undertone of lavender in the front of the mouth " :oops: " gerrit down yer neck " was the usual end of any reflection on beer as I recall, unless it was bad of course .
Give me session brew any day , tetley , John's, exhibition, 80 Bob or Cammy's bitter . Fast and wet it's ale

Since it became gentrified for the new middle classes .
Once upon a time it was wash to salve a dry farmer's or welders throat or a substance to be consumed in volume to fuel social merriment in the short hours away from the hard graft .
That's how we consumed it , fast , in volume and standing , it never touched the sides . The leisured home based classes have found time to sit chew it and discuss it and the marketing men follow the dollar creating a discerning image for the purchaser to revel in .
Imagine the lads coming out the yards or up from the pits saying , " nah I don't drink in there there is a slight undertone of lavender in the front of the mouth " :oops: " gerrit down yer neck " was the usual end of any reflection on beer as I recall, unless it was bad of course .
Give me session brew any day , tetley , John's, exhibition, 80 Bob or Cammy's bitter . Fast and wet it's ale
What a load of bollocks that is.

What a load of bollocks that is.
In over 40 years of drinking I never heard anyone try and 'describe' their ale until recently . If they had " what a load of bollocks that is " would have been the exact response

Spot the bearded hipster who sits with his halfs of Olives` Knickeryeast enthralling his mates on the hoppiness of hops and magic of maltings
:lol:

In over 40 years of drinking I never heard anyone try and 'describe' their ale until recently . If they had " what a load of bollocks that is " would have been the exact response
Yes because you drink crap beer on that list which tastes of nowt. The world of flavours get more complex and things improve. Beer has improved massively in the past 10 years. I’ve been drinking for 25 years and it is much better now.

Spot the bearded hipster who sits with his halfs of Olives` Knickeryeast enthralling his mates on the hoppiness of hops and magic of maltings
Don’t hardly drink it much but when I do there is a far better choice than the shit we used to get.

Yes because you drink crap beer on that list which tastes of nowt. The world of flavours get more complex and things improve. Beer has improved massively in the past 10 years. I’ve been drinking for 25 years and it is much better now.

Don’t hardly drink it much but when I do there is a far better choice than the shit we used to get.

Just because beer has improved doesn't mean you have to be a twat about it.

Just because beer has improved doesn't mean you have to be a twat about it.

The trend for craft ales and fancy ingredients is definitely Emperor's new clothes. Most of the drinkers wouldn’t know a subtle undertone of vanilla if it spanked them in the arse. It’s to give them something to sound intellectual about while stoking their beard.

Considering 25 years ago the choice was probably limited to LCL, Lorimers,McEwans scotch or lager thats not exactly hard

Back