Beer gardens in the town?

Logon or register to see this image

blue plaque at the VG

i live on the next street along and always put my address as Stratty Av, The Cedars, Wearside, Co. Durham
It’s def Hendon then 😀
That's Manilla Street's plaque actually nothing to do with the Vic.

It's Grangetown. Go in and ask Sean's missus when it gets going.

You now live in 'endon with the rest of Grangetown's Cuba Street and Stratford Avenue now - as per @bobster999 map posted, mate.
Is that who has bought it ?
Canny lad , hope it succeeds
when can you go pub without pre-booking nonsense ?

Last edited:
Any idea whats happening with the Engine room, as they could easily sit 40 outside?. Also, anyone know why there is a load of work activity covering half that area opposite New Look on the grass?.

Anyone been out down the town yet? Heading out next week. Reluctant to book anywhere. But don't want to be stuck with nee where to go if its rammed

Port of call. Walk ins
The terrace. Bookings
Establishment. Walk ins

Any other places open?

Anyone been out down the town yet? Heading out next week. Reluctant to book anywhere. But don't want to be stuck with nee where to go if its rammed

Port of call. Walk ins
The terrace. Bookings
Establishment. Walk ins

Any other places open?
Ivy house and Ashbrooke cric club both walk ins , Isis also , Fitzgerald’s , unsure PQs , think more will be one walk in as each week passes

Port of call. Walk ins
The terrace. Bookings
Establishment. Walk ins

Any other places open?
Went out last Friday. Had to queue for Cooper Rose. You need to book for Fitzgeralds - couldn't get in. Ended up in Deptford in beer garden in Kings Arms - really good and Saltgrass - good but a bit pricey. Walked back to town and had a pint outside P and Q I think it's called. Really enjoyed being out in what was a really good atmosphere.

Went out last Friday. Had to queue for Cooper Rose. You need to book for Fitzgeralds - couldn't get in. Ended up in Deptford in beer garden in Kings Arms - really good and Saltgrass - good but a bit pricey. Walked back to town and had a pint outside P and Q I think it's called. Really enjoyed being out in what was a really good atmosphere.
The terrace fully booked for next Saturday.

Was in the town yesterday

Life of Riley was a bleak area. Shitty gazebo type thing over the area.

Walked into gatsby and got a seat upstairs. Was cold in the shade, bit warmer went the veranda went across. Good service in there too. Didn't pay more than £4 a pint.

Establishment £4.20 for Carling!!! Didn't bother going in

Was in the town yesterday

Life of Riley was a bleak area. Shitty gazebo type thing over the area.

Walked into gatsby and got a seat upstairs. Was cold in the shade, bit warmer went the veranda went across. Good service in there too. Didn't pay more than £4 a pint.

Establishment £4.20 for Carling!!! Didn't bother going in
Good to see establishment not trying to cash in

Back