Beer festival @ The Riverside 30th Nov/1st Dec

Well, it was a good day/night out. The turn out wasn't great but there was more than enough to have a great time, just worry it might have hit them in the pockets abit.

Although i think they said they'd break even which is great for their first event, got lots of free beer towards the end and even invited over to germany to help them put on (or maybe join an existing, i'm not sure) beer festival showcasing all the beer from our region. sounds canny and would be interesting to see what sort of interest there is over then in british beer.

Well, it was a good day/night out. The turn out wasn't great but there was more than enough to have a great time, just worry it might have hit them in the pockets abit.

Although i think they said they'd break even which is great for their first event, got lots of free beer towards the end and even invited over to germany to help them put on (or maybe join an existing, i'm not sure) beer festival showcasing all the beer from our region. sounds canny and would be interesting to see what sort of interest there is over then in british beer.

There's a Beer Exchange (Bierbörse) which travels around Germany in the Spring/Summer months. I usually go to the one in Dusseldorf and there's always a wide selection of beers from around Europe and some from the RoW. There's also a few craft ale stalls too. Craft ale is pretty big in Germany now since the relaxation of the purity law over there.

There's also the Internationales Berliner Bierfestival which was recommended by one of the Bierbörse participants which is supposed to be better. Could be one of those that they're on about.

And to keep this on topic, Dusseldorf have a cricket team - Dusseldorf Blackcaps.

There's a Beer Exchange (Bierbörse) which travels around Germany in the Spring/Summer months. I usually go to the one in Dusseldorf and there's always a wide selection of beers from around Europe and some from the RoW. There's also a few craft ale stalls too. Craft ale is pretty big in Germany now since the relaxation of the purity law over there.

There's also the Internationales Berliner Bierfestival which was recommended by one of the Bierbörse participants which is supposed to be better. Could be one of those that they're on about.

And to keep this on topic, Dusseldorf have a cricket team - Dusseldorf Blackcaps.

dusseldorf was the one they mentioned like, keep an eye out them if you do go.

I'm not sure if the people who organised it all are the same, or if they just worked with, the lot from caps off - the tap & shop at bishop auckland train station. might have to pop over and say hi there sometime anarl

Back