Been burgled this afternoon the horrible ***** stole my sons birthday money

what are peoples experiences and opinions on what the best protection / security / deterrent is? it seems as if this is happening more and more often, not sure if its just getting reported more though. it also seems like there's not much you can do after the event, which is infuriating

getting a dog? - not possible for us as we are out all day every day
cameras? do burglars not tend to hide their faces? - i'm thinking of getting a camera system put up
alarm system? do neighbours actually take any notice when an alarm goes off?
extra locks? is it possible to get extra strong locks fitted to patio doors?
I live in a street full of retired curtain twitchers. Couldn't get away with nowt.

Got stopped in the street on my way home one night because someone they didn't recognise had been to the door. Was @MackneyHackem's mam dropping off a birthday card. :lol:

The Magistrates are nearly as big a problem as the burglars.
Can’t believe some of the pathetic sentences they hand out.
Far from discouraging the scumbags, they make it well worthwhile for them to continue their criminal career.
Sorry to hear this story especially for the bairn.Never understand why they dont create laws that lock up burglars and drug dealers for a long long time.
All most people want is to live in safety with their families.....we all have choices ...set strong sentences, we have been weak for too long.oh and more cops to catch the bassas would help not less

Only when they get seriously punitive sentences will they begin to take notice.

At present they get little more than a slap on the wrist and are straight back on the streets to carry on as normal.

It must be soul destroying for the cops as well, after all the trouble they go to to try and bring the perps to justice.

The Police, the Employer and wouldn’t give me any address.
Sure some insurance claim but the sentimental value cannot be replaced.
What an utter piece of shit.
What about getting him back saying it still a problem then following him ?

Finished work got home at around 2 pm nipped in for about 2 minutes to grab some money to go to asda got back around 240 pm and realised we had been fucked over

My sons 14th birthday today they've nicked his wallet with all his birthday money his laptop all our tablets my debit and credit cards my wife's jewelry

We were supposed to be going out tonight for a meal for his birthday but we couldn't by the time the police left and by the time the insurance people sent a locksmith to try and secure the back door and the French doors that the shithouse ruined

Anyone from the Boldon area had a break in today
So sorry to hear this.
Hope you get some justice for this outrageous attack on your personal life and home.

I've been reliably informed by someone from here that you are fat as fuck though so if you are trying to make it personal at least make sure you aren't an absolute clip :lol:
I doubt that considering nobody on here lives in Malaga. I suggest you watch what shit you're typing.

What's your source or evidence there mate?

I doubt that considering nobody on here lives in Malaga. I suggest you watch what shit you're typing.
Behave man. If you're going to start making your argument personal then 1) you've already lost the argument and 2) you can't get all sensitive when someone responds.

So no mate I won't watch what shit I'm typing. I'm in Malaga very often if you ever want to meet for a pint.

Last edited:
Finished work got home at around 2 pm nipped in for about 2 minutes to grab some money to go to asda got back around 240 pm and realised we had been fucked over

My sons 14th birthday today they've nicked his wallet with all his birthday money his laptop all our tablets my debit and credit cards my wife's jewelry

We were supposed to be going out tonight for a meal for his birthday but we couldn't by the time the police left and by the time the insurance people sent a locksmith to try and secure the back door and the French doors that the shithouse ruined

Anyone from the Boldon area had a break in today

Get yourself a dog mate, have had dogs all my life - no problems ever.Doesn't need to be an Alsation or Rottwieller, Collie or Labrador will work, just knowing they are in the house will put most scratters off.

Back