Been burgled this afternoon the horrible ***** stole my sons birthday money

BURGLARY SCANDAL: Two in three break-ins NOT investigated admit police

Police numbers per head of population is also far more than it was in the mid 20th century when burglaries were investigated.
The first line of that article says "the number of unsolved cases has spiked from 47 to 64 percent" - so the headline is completely misleading and making the same mistake as others have made on this thread.

Unsolved crimes do not equal no police action. Murders go unsolved sometimes, by that logic the police have not investigated them.

Finished work got home at around 2 pm nipped in for about 2 minutes to grab some money to go to asda got back around 240 pm and realised we had been fucked over

My sons 14th birthday today they've nicked his wallet with all his birthday money his laptop all our tablets my debit and credit cards my wife's jewelry

We were supposed to be going out tonight for a meal for his birthday but we couldn't by the time the police left and by the time the insurance people sent a locksmith to try and secure the back door and the French doors that the shithouse ruined

Anyone from the Boldon area had a break in today
If you have Facebook look up Danny Martin, he has just caught someone trying to break in to people's houses around your way and has exposed the bastard. Might be worth getting in touch with him.Danny Martin hopefully the link works.

If you have Facebook look up Danny Martin, he has just caught someone trying to break in to people's houses around your way and has exposed the bastard. Might be worth getting in touch with him.Danny Martin hopefully the link works.

Mmm. I mean, good on the lad for confronting the horrible scum, but this seems so 2018...you catch someone trying to get in to houses on your street. Do you

a) hold on to him, call the police to whom he's almost certainly already known and who may be able to link him to other things but would probably also arrest him and would record this latest info on him.

b) shout at him and record it on video and put it on Facebook.

Mmm. I mean, good on the lad for confronting the horrible scum, but this seems so 2018...you catch someone trying to get in to houses on your street. Do you

a) hold on to him, call the police to whom he's almost certainly already known and who may be able to link him to other things but would probably also arrest him and would record this latest info on him.

Good to get the pictorial evidence, but bravado aside I'd like to think I'd bray the Fooka with the odd Red Sox baseball bat lying around.......

House behind us got done one bonfire night, they had waited for them to go out to watch the fireworks, forced the French doors on the back, loaded all the loot into their brand new car on the drive and drove off with the lot.

Police came next day door knocking to see if we'd seen or heard anything but not possible as all the activity was obscured by fencing and the back of their house was pitch black, no security lighting.

This sent me into a state of paranoia, no way was I letting that happen to us, installed an alarm (one that phones if it's triggered), CCTV, new locks, PIR floodlights all round, wifi bulbs on timers, anti-climb spikes on the fences, basically as many levels of deterrent that would make any would be burglar think twice and look for a softer target instead.

House behind us got done one bonfire night, they had waited for them to go out to watch the fireworks, forced the French doors on the back, loaded all the loot into their brand new car on the drive and drove off with the lot.

Police came next day door knocking to see if we'd seen or heard anything but not possible as all the activity was obscured by fencing and the back of their house was pitch black, no security lighting.

This sent me into a state of paranoia, no way was I letting that happen to us, installed an alarm (one that phones if it's triggered), CCTV, new locks, PIR floodlights all round, wifi bulbs on timers, anti-climb spikes on the fences, basically as many levels of deterrent that would make any would be burglar think twice and look for a softer target instead.
We've got the same. Cctv ,alarm the lot. We did it following a break in a few years ago.
Anyone saying "don't worry, it's just things" is wrong. Some of those "things" are of great sentimental value and are irreplaceable. Add to that the fact that scum have been in your house and the fear of their return (my missus was scared to leave the house unnocuppied and scared to be in alone) it's way beyond "just things"

What a sad state of affairs when we have to barricade our houses to this extent to prevent scum preying on us.

I genuinely have nothing worth pinching.

Years ago I'd have been worried about daft things like CDs and DVDs and electrical items.
Also worried about more personal things like photos. When we had a dog I'd worry about something happening to them.
But now the CDs etc are worth nowt. Photos are backed up online in a few locations and we don;t have a dog.

I'd only be really concerned if we were actually in.
Obviously there is some unpleasantry there and sense of violation.

Hope those responsible are caught and brought to justice.

They'll be doing both effectively though won't they. We've seen the vid and he'll find things much tougher now people know who he is.

U live in Sheels?

Marched him out the area though. He’ll never return im sure.

Don't blame them - they've lost 20,000 jobs though austerity cuts (surprise, surprise mainly in poorer regions) and couldn't pay overtime for the DFLA march last Saturday and were under-manned.
Again, that wasn't me blaming them. I think they do a great job mostly. The cuts etc... Just don't allow for them to investigate what may be considered a lesser crime, although to the victims this must feel horrible. Not only are your possessions gone but the invasion of what should be your safe place must destroy confidence and trust.

Ex done over night before last ,off Chester rd.
Over wall ,forced garage door and she thinks the door into the kitchen was left unlocked
luckily just a bit damage and a couple of bikes taken from garage ,until my son looked for his school bag last night!
Said the cops had been helpful to a point
Dont agree they dont care but they are ineffective really .We have to take measures to look after our stuff and at best hope they pick some other house

Not everyone can afford to do all that .

got done during the day a few years ago when i was a single lad living in millfield in an old terrace cottage. they came in over the back wall and through back door. they didn't take nowt but a bit cash, but they did smash my tele for some reason. coppers said it was too big for the robbers to carry. they said, very sheepishly, that there was nothing worth steeling, which made me happy and sad at the same time. they also said that cos the burglars couldnt find valuables, thats why they trashed the place, i said 'erm, they haven't trashed the place, it was already like this' which made them feel shit.

to be fair to the bizzies, they were round straight away, forensics dusting the place for fingerprints, helped me sort a locksmith and also kept ringing me for a few weeks after giving me updates.

feel sorry for the normal coppers like

Back