Beehive 1970s

Are you Jimmy S.

@Vauxie

Shaun Are you from Redhouse ?

The Russells lived next door to me Lass'es Ma's house on one side and me Aunt on the other, Joe and Norm are still kicking about and the sisters too... Used to work with Norm once at Seaham..and if I recall Joe and Norm's dad & mam were invited to our wedding. Joe snr and the uncles all sang at my wedding. Bear, me and him had some great scraps playing footing on a Sunday morning. Sammy , I never knew him one to one but we always seemed to be where ever SAFC was. Tommy again with football and the pubs canny lad and then he teamed uo with Brian Leng on the short lived magazine. (still have the copies somewhere..T Other names ,I will know , but have forgotten with the passage of time but your right, everyone knew everyone. The Beehive was a great boozer and the last watering hole memory before setting out on the train for Wembley all of those years ago... great times and great memories. Cheers for that.

Are you from Town end Farm?

He was originally

Great lad a leccy at the PWD

Got him a lift home one day from Washington depot and could have killed him:eek:

Went to School with JR & NR Two great Lads:)

Last edited:
Defo Jessie C next to TT on the photo.
Logon or register to see this image

First lad I ever cautioned when refereeing. Non stop verbal from the off. :lol:
Ps Not from RH, born Grindon 61, lived in Roker 61 to 78 and have lived in Grangetown since 81. My Mam taught at RH infants/juniors Radlett Road late 60s early 70s

Pwaper nawty:lol:

Dont need them, the images of that team pic are fresh, as if yesterday

As are you for breaking the golden rule for this type of forum by providing the real names of folks - you also have history for doing this.

I'd be furious if someone outed me on here without asking my permission first, and so would you at a guess.
Woaaahh there.
Firstly, who has been "outed" by me that no one knew about anyway ?
Secondly, even if I was guilty of this,it pales in to insignificance being compared to a student who was kicked to fuck and brain damaged by a pack of lads just for being foreign.
Im not going to get in to any further argument/discussion about this but feel free to pm me anout my alleged transgressions.
And btw, IF I have done as you say,no one has ever contacted me to say they were annoyed at being named either in public or private.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the footy team hoyed up we have all been named
Been named numerous times on other photos on here. Non have an issue , the photo has been on numerous sites when the lads on photo have openly discussed the photo and team. Its our boys photo as the fold is still on it.

Been named numerous times on other photos on here. Non have an issue , the photo has been on numerous sites when the lads on photo have openly discussed the photo and team. Its our boys photo as the fold is still on it.
Which you very kindly sent to me, the mrs has a good laugh looking at the hair

Last time I seen him was about ten years ago on a train to London. Iirc he didn't have a train ticket .
:lol: There's a shock. He was told he needed both hips replacing about 3 years a go, i know he's had 1 done but he didn't mention the second op when i spoke to him. Think he just loves sitting with his feet up watching the telly now. Still loves his Lucky 15's mind.

Saw him outside ground at Fleetwood, looked fit as a butchers dog considering he must be 60 plus vat.

Tom Lynn surprisingly doesn't post on here but he's fine and a grandad now.
@Wakey ftm in Sussex will know about sheff

You left out Billy Dimmock:D
Still as daft as a brush.

According to Tom, the names are as follows

top left to right ; Gunner, Unknown, The Bear, Cal B, Ray Fogie, Lamma, Unknown

Middle left to right ; Ben Cooney, Bertie O, Ben Gochea, Jessie, Anth Turner,

Bottom left to right ; Unknown, Hammy Dolan, Bob Smart/Slosher, Vinny Robson.

just put names to faces via Tommy L - maybe someone will know the UNKNOWNS ???

Shaun Are you from Redhouse ?

Are you from Town end Farm?

Great lad a leccy at the PWD

Got him a lift home one day from Washington depot and could have killed him:eek:

Went to School with JR & NR Two great Lads:)
No mate...I'm , well, me and our lass are nomads. live all over Sunderland and a few exotic places abroad.. Our lass'es Ma hailed from Redhouse for over 60 years and moved in just before the Russell moved there and is a former mate of Norm, Joe and Roz Hope this mail is directed at my post:)

seen a few posts from lads I used to hang about with. Just heard one, Sammy Smith died a couple of weeks ago R.I.P. Sammy. other lads were:-Gunner, Slosher, the Bear, Shick, Flanny, Nixon, Celtic, Sheff, Big Tom E, Jimmy Mack, Tarzan, Mole, Lamma, Armsy, Herbie Smith, Frankie Wheatley Beasie., Tommy Lynn, Joe and Norman Russel and many more. It would be nice to know how others are doing

Recognise any of the Vauxie Boys on here ???

Nee bother I will be over for a few games next season can sort it then,champion man

you on this CB ??;)

Back