Bee issue

Yes I have spotted some recently.

They don’t seem to be any trouble.

I thought that they were wasps at first.
I’ve seen one or two milling about out the back over the past week and like you, first thought was wasps. Still unsure which of the two.

I’m closely monitoring the situation as I had a canny wasp nest last year in roof located not too far from the recent sightings. Can’t stand wasps.

I’ve seen one or two milling about out the back over the past week and like you, first thought was wasps. Still unsure which of the two.

I’m closely monitoring the situation as I had a canny wasp nest last year in roof located not too far from the recent sightings. Can’t stand wasps.
I feel slightly guilty now as I squirted some mastic/silicone in small cracks close to a door frame.

2 of the bees are still occasionally trying to re-enter the gaps, I’ve probably trapped billions of bee babies inside. :cry:

Edit: it’s like a scene from ‘the swarm’ in the garden today. Birds, bees, butterflies etc etc.

Last edited:
Spotted a bee going into a weep hole on the back wall of the house - Google seems to suggest that it is a masonry bee and are often harmless, but can cause issues.

Anyone had any experience of this?
Mason bees are brilliant. I drilled holes in my gazebo to attract them. Ended up with at least 50. They'll sit on you hand if you let them. They don't sting.

Spotted a bee going into a weep hole on the back wall of the house - Google seems to suggest that it is a masonry bee and are often harmless, but can cause issues.

Yes. They’re harmless. Wait till they’ve gone and clean the hole out, as they leave a little residue.

They are harmless. He disturbed 120,000 of them and only got stung 10 times. A 0.008% chance of one stinging him. Bees are class.

We’ve got a big red flower currant tree in our back garden and all we can hear whenever we’re in the garden is a fuckload of bumblebees going about their work.

Wasps are c*nts though.

Yes mate no issues whatsoever.
Leave them alone they won’t stay forever.
They are harmless. He disturbed 120,000 of them and only got stung 10 times. A 0.008% chance of one stinging him. Bees are class.

We’ve got a big red flower currant tree in our back garden and all we can hear whenever we’re in the garden is a fuckload of bumblebees going about their work.

Wasps are c*nts though.

Anything yellow and black / blue is a bastard ;)

Daughter found a dying bumble bee in the garden last night. They tried to feed it some sugar water and left it in our insect house box. Checked on it last night and it wasn't moving, so I tried to give it more water - still didn't seem too clever though.
In the end, I took it round the front and carefully placed it on an open flower on our strawberry plant. It was hanging onto it, but not doing much else.
Had a check just before lunch, and there it was, moving around freely - 10 mins later after I got back from the shop, it was gone.

:cool:

Back