Bee issue

Spotted a bee going into a weep hole on the back wall of the house - Google seems to suggest that it is a masonry bee and are often harmless, but can cause issues.

Anyone had any experience of this?
Had two nests last years, only thing you can do is to let them crack on and they’ll eventually fuck off and apparently they never return to old nesting grounds so should be bee free in the future.

Spotted a bee going into a weep hole on the back wall of the house - Google seems to suggest that it is a masonry bee and are often harmless, but can cause issues.

Anyone had any experience of this?
As a kid I seen wood lice coming out of some brick work in the garden.
So I filled an old fairly liquid bottle with boiling water and squeezed it into the gap..100’s of the bassa a came out. Scolded!

that’ll learn them I thought

Ps-no I’m not a serial killer.

Don’t think you’re meant to Dover weep holes are you? Will just cause damp in the walls.

Probs going to the get the council out - apparently these type of bees can be removed and aren’t protected like some other species.

Don’t think you’re meant to Dover weep holes are you? Will just cause damp in the walls.

Probs going to the get the council out - apparently these type of bees can be removed and aren’t protected like some other species.
Or just stop being a massive fanny ;) if it's a mason bee it will be solitary so you aren't going to have a massive hive to contend with and it's hardly going to cause any structural damage to your house.

Back