Becoming less of a fat bastard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading stuff like this is what keeps me motivated. It's brilliant!

As of our regular weekly weigh in at work this morning, since july I have gone from 140Kg to 113.9Kg: this equates to 4.11 stone.

At 44 and 5'11" I have been just over 22 stone this year which I think has been my heaviest and I felt like I was in my 70's.

I have a 2.3 mile walk to work twice a day and have recently returned to the gym: it's the walking and the cutting out of (shite) food after 7pm that's done it, no doubt.

I mainly have bran cereal for breakfast and a chicken and pasta type thing or tuna for lunch and drink gallons of water.

Prior to this at work I would probably have a burger out of the machine for breakfast, 4 twixs a day a pie or something similar for lunch, possibly one in the afternoon, and then for tea go down the all you can eat Chinese a couple of nights a week or a kebab and chips. Out of control doesn't get anywhere near.

I'm just under 18stone now and lift weights and run on a machine 5 days a week....when I started in July i could hardly manage a minute running but last night I broke the 10min mark at 9km/hr.

That might still be shite, but I'm more than happy with it, as crashing in and trying to do it all short term is what normally defeats me.

My target for the year is to get down to 17st and then take it from there for the future.

Brilliant thread this, really inspiring!

Keep it up fella!

If anyone could give me any advice on nutrician on how to loose weight but still build muscle I would be eternally grateful...is this actually possible?

Excellent work marra, keep it up, as you say threads like this are great for motivation.[DOUBLEPOST=1384388592][/DOUBLEPOST]
Cheers Marra...I'm loosing a minimum of about 2lbs a week which I know is kinda ok if I keep it up for 52 weeks kinda thing and I'm probably taking in around a 1000 calories a day according to My fitness pal app which I saw mentioned on here.

Is it possible to loose weight, but still lift weights and build muscle, or on that sort of calorific intake, will I only loose weight?

Cheers!! :)

It's better to loose small amounts on a consistent basis, as to do it properly it really needs to be a lifetime thing you can cope with, not a crash diet. You're doing great though marra losing 2lb a week. No expert but plenty of lean meat and chicken I would have thought for muscle.

Last edited:

Prior to this at work I would probably have a burger out of the machine for breakfast, 4 twixs a day a pie or something similar for lunch, possibly one in the afternoon, and then for tea go down the all you can eat Chinese a couple of nights a week or a kebab and chips. Out of control doesn't get anywhere near.
Where can I find these machines?

Where can I find these machines?

Hehe...dead convenient but deadly!

£1.60 for a big delicious cheeseburger and a dash of insanity sauce three times a day...not surprised I look liked Christopher Biggins' bigger brother![DOUBLEPOST=1384778119][/DOUBLEPOST]Here, this My Fitness Pal app is the dog's bollox!
Cheers for putting me onto it...looking at constantly!

Spoke with one of the owners of the gym I go to and he has put me onto Build and Trim Whey - reckons that'll help me loose weight but still have enough protein in it for the training...tastes lush too!

Last edited:
A lot of endurance athletes starting to realise the benefits of running on extreme low carb diets, using ketones for fuel rather than sugar. Refined carbs and processed foods are the fricken devil, both in terms of weight but also heart disease and diabetes....If anybody needs convincing of the evil of sugar and carbs then look up paleo runner podcast on itunes....Its a freebie, first episode you need to listen to is by a guy called Proff Tim Noakes who is one of the most eminent lights in running (wrote the runners bible "The Lores of Running")....He talks about his shift to a Paleo/low carb diet and the huge impact it has had on his health....

Did it myself for 6 weeks, dropped a stone in the first 4 weeks with very little effort and dropped from a 36 inch waist to a 30 in just 6 months by only eating protein and fat with carbs from fruit and veg till hit the weight I wanted to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back