Becoming less of a fat bastard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-G

Winger
With the 6 week break fast approaching, I've decided now is the time to lose some weight. Had a weigh in on Monday and I've a mass of 19st12lb. At only 5"11 this is a problem. Been down the gym yesterday and today with a mate to make sure I don't pussy out, and I'm wrecked. I'm stopping all bar a weekly takeaway and also cutting back on portion sizes. My goal is to lose a stone in a month and also to be under 18 stone by the time I go back to work in September. Is this realistic?

Aye, it's realistic. There is actually some fellas on Channel 5 ( I think) tomorrow at 8 o'clock that have shed apparently 6 stone in 2 month! Definetly keep the one takeaway and make it a treat rather than the norm.

Atkins diet, not easy to cut out the carbs but you'll slim down in no time. Exercise has very little effect on body fat, keep the exercise up though its good for you in other ways

Last edited:
Atkins diet, not easy to cut out the carbs but you'll slim down in no time. Exercise has very little effect on body fat, keep the exercise up though its good for you in other ways

^ This, don't even think excerise will have a big impact just yet, it's all about reducing the carb intake.

Reduced carb diets are an absolute load of shite and totally unnecessary.

Evidence would suggest otherwise. If you can eat as many calories as you usually would, just not carbohydrate calories, and still lose weight surely it proves that its not a load of shite

Portion control and not eating after 6 is fine

You can still eat crap now and again

Cutting out late night food helped me, although I still get hunger urges at 11-12

Evidence would suggest otherwise. If you can eat as many calories as you usually would, just not carbohydrate calories, and still lose weight surely it proves that its not a load of shite

:lol: i submitted this argument ages ago. Me and Pell had a bit of a disagreement in that I suggested 1000 calories worth of carrots would not have the same detrimental effect to a person's weight to 1000 calories of pies.

I'm still not sure who's right tbh :lol:

Also, the diet and excercise forum is full of this stuff. Get some pictures on there of beginning and your progress through, as a bit of an incentive.

With the 6 week break fast approaching, I've decided now is the time to lose some weight. Had a weigh in on Monday and I've a mass of 19st12lb. At only 5"11 this is a problem. Been down the gym yesterday and today with a mate to make sure I don't pussy out, and I'm wrecked. I'm stopping all bar a weekly takeaway and also cutting back on portion sizes. My goal is to lose a stone in a month and also to be under 18 stone by the time I go back to work in September. Is this realistic?

stop eating processed shite/greggs etc etc. drink loads of water, scran plenty of veg, lean meats and use proper butter sparingly when circumstances dictate, proper fats are good..

oh and beer once a week.

Not sure about the full blown Atkins diet, but I have started reducing carb intake. I've hot sarnies for my lunch today, but going to get some wraps to put the fillings in from tomorrow. I know diet is more important than exercise, but I tend to find that if I'm exercising it gives me an incentive not to get a kebab at the end of the day.

stop eating processed shite/greggs etc etc. drink loads of water, scran plenty of veg, lean meats and use proper butter sparingly when circumstances dictate, proper fats are good..

oh and beer once a week.
Started making my own tomato based sauce which I'm having a lot of at the moment. I only drink spirits and even that is quite rare, so alcohol has virtually zero impact on my weight.

Haway mods.

I didn't even realise this forum existed till the thread was moved.

But you can't.

If calories used is greater than calories taken in, you lose weight. It's that easy. You are reducing your intake, so start walking as much as you can.

Eat less bread.
Calorie intake is irrelevent to weight loss, it depends on what type of calories they are.
Don't eat after 9pm.
Cut down on other carbs.
Diet coke doesn't help you lose weight.
Kettlebells are git mint.

Just a few things i've learned from Ross and Titus since joining up on here. Seems good advice like.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back