Beautiful books

Sorry to hear that mate. It's good to hear there has been some recent progress. Everything crossed.
Thanks..it's been pretty shit to be fair.. having to traipse an hour Christmas morning with a bag of presents to a hospital to see a daughter who barely knows who you are some days is soul destroying but we will get there

Thanks..it's been pretty shit to be fair.. having to traipse an hour Christmas morning with a bag of presents to a hospital to see a daughter who barely knows who you are some days is soul destroying but we will get there
So sorry. I have a seven year old daughter, when she's hurting I'm sure it hurts me more than her.

f***ing hell Epps, that's a horrible situation to have to deal with. All the best.

Have a look at some of these:

Would love to do a one off SAFC book looking like this.
Some absolutely stunning books there, mind. Do you mean you would be interested in writing a book about SAFC?
Not your epics not even you big classics... just nice books.

The wife bought. The Boy, the mole, the fox and the horse for the daughter who isn't having the best of times..

Just had a flick through and read a bit.
Transfixed . Stunningly beautiful.. amazing illustrations . Full of humour and wisdom

Any you could add to the list
Philip Pullman's books are beautiful, outside and in. Reading The Book of Dust, Vol. II: The Secret Commonwealth just now. Stunning.

Last edited:
You'd have to have some degree of certainty over the date the club was founded before doing that.
Yes, fortunately I'm certain. Its only the football club who isnt, 👍
Some absolutely stunning books there, mind. Do you mean you would be interested in writing a book about SAFC?
I've written about 20 already.

I've got a one off project on the go looking at SAFC during the 1891/92 season - our first championship winning side. Its A3 size, with all of the match reports, profiles on all of the players, season synopsis and all the images inside are to be colourised.

Once its printed I'll be having a word with someone about binding it and perhaps producing a special cover for it.

If it works out ok I'll do the other 5 in a similar manner.

i do it for no other reason that I like doing it.

Last edited:
Yes, fortunately I'm certain. Its only the football club who isnt, 👍

I've written about 20 already.

I've got a one off project on the go looking at SAFC during the 1891/92 season - our first championship winning side. Its A3 size, with all of the match reports, profiles on all of the players, season synopsis and all the images inside are to be colourised.

Once its printed I'll be having a word with someone about binding it and perhaps producing a special cover for it.

If it works out ok I'll do the other 5 in a similar manner.

i do it for no other reason that I like doing it.
Fair play. Well done.

Not your epics not even you big classics... just nice books.

The wife bought. The Boy, the mole, the fox and the horse for the daughter who isn't having the best of times..

Just had a flick through and read a bit.
Transfixed . Stunningly beautiful.. amazing illustrations . Full of humour and wisdom

Any you could add to the list
I too got it as a present. It's lovely.

Stoner - John Williams. not really about much other than the main character, his life as an english professor. not a long book, or complicated in any way. its just nice

I read that in The Freeman Hospital.
Freeman was mentioned in previous post :eek:

Back