Beatles question

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm their biggest fan, but I think they needed to bounce of each other to inspire them to do what they did, even though they largely individually wrote their own songs.
Also I think a lot of groups /artists have a truly inspiring period which is relatively short lived which they can never achieve again, it's just the circumstances that prevail at the time.

Off the top of me head...

Jealous Guy
How Do You Sleep?
Cold Turkey
Crippled Inside
Working Class Hero
Gimme Some Truth
Starting Over
Woman
Mother
....and Imagine. Belters all.
I've only heard the Roxy Music song (excellent, original can't be as good), Starting Over (meh), Imagine (awful) and Woman (bland in the extreme). I'm willing to bet that 9 dogs out of 10 would call the whole lot bland.

There are many bands where internal differences of artistic opinion has pulled the music somewhere no individual would have taken it. This usually shows when the band splits and the solo careers are not as successful.
Happened with The Jam.

I've only heard the Roxy Music song (excellent, original can't be as good), Starting Over (meh), Imagine (awful) and Woman (bland in the extreme). I'm willing to bet that 9 dogs out of 10 would call the whole lot bland.
It is an excellent song. Who wrote it? Thank you - and Lennon's version is a simpler, more beautiful version.
Imagine and Woman? Bland? Proof you have no ears lad - the latter is a lovely love song...and Imagine? I'm willing to bet that 9/10 cats do, in fact prefer it to other, inferior brands.

I have a soft spot for Macca with Wings but non of Lennons stuff stands out.Not a massive Beatles fan but i can see what they did

3 and a half decent writers with genius like spells,1 great producer and Ringo.
tidied

Off the top of me head...

Jealous Guy
How Do You Sleep?
Cold Turkey
Crippled Inside
Working Class Hero
Gimme Some Truth
Starting Over
Woman
Mother
....and Imagine. Belters all.
You forgot Whatever gets you thru the night! And Real Love always makes me feel rather emotional too. Not many songs/writers can do that.

I have even found myself humming Oh Yoko! on occasion too. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back