Beat Street

I remember Saturday afternoons at The Ritzy was where all the breakers went. It wasn't called The Ritzy then was it? What was it called again? Was it Tiffs? Tiffanys? That rings a bell like. I used to love it. Kappa tracksuits and trainers with thick luminous laces in. We used to carry the spraycans in an old works havasack and knock up the pieces, ducking down and hiding everytime a metro went past. Quality
Aye Tiffany’s...used to go every Saturday

Thought @tunstall birdman might have commented.

Must have pulled on a works night out!!

those puma jackets that they are wearing in the film are called savanah's, i've got 3 or 4 of them from the 80's. simce been re-issued a couple of times in recent years though.

Aye Tiffany’s...used to go every Saturday

after tiff's went all the breakers went to walkers iirc, was too young for tiffs but i remember going to walkers quite a few times in 89 or maybe 90.

those puma jackets that they are wearing in the film are called savanah's, i've got 3 or 4 of them from the 80's. simce been re-issued a couple of times in recent years though.

after tiff's went all the breakers went to walkers iirc, was too young for tiffs but i remember going to walkers quite a few times in 89 or maybe 90.
I went to Walkers a few times. I have a great picture of me doing the windmills in there, with a few of the Breakers looking on.

In the UK in the early 80's was when we(Hip Hop followers), made tracksuits and trainers become a fashion statement, rather than just a sports item and reflection of the Hip Hop.:)
Now sportswear is all the rage and has been for years and will be for years to come.

I went to Walkers a few times. I have a great picture of me doing the windmills in there, with a few of the Breakers looking on.

In the UK in the early 80's was when we(Hip Hop followers), made tracksuits and trainers become a fashion statement, rather than just a sports item and reflection of the Hip Hop.:)
Now sportswear is all the rage and has been for years and will be for years to come.
The good old days mate, got into the scene in 1986 and still in it to this day!

I'm gutted that I was too young in 84 85 86 too be able to get out there and experience what youse all did :(

I'm the one now who's had an actual double hip op as well. There's irony in there somewhere:lol:

Last edited:

Back