Beardsley suspended from all football till April 29th

Why wouldn't you say that? I mean I'm aware that black people were compared to monkeys as a slur but that's clearly not what I'm saying in that context.
and how about saying they "should be used to that" when off to a place called go ape where you swing among the trees?

banter I suppose? taken together I think we can take a good guess at how monkey was meant

and how about saying they "should be used to that" when off to a place called go ape where you swing among the trees?

banter I suppose? taken together I think we can take a good guess at how monkey was meant
Without the context of what was happening we don't know, he could have been referring to anything. Either way I would hardly imagine a man who spent his career with black colleagues has all of a sudden become racist during middle age, he's just for a different generation where making jokes and taking the piss is how you tell people that you like and accept them.

Without the context of what was happening we don't know, he could have been referring to anything. Either way I would hardly imagine a man who spent his career with black colleagues has all of a sudden become racist during middle age, he's just for a different generation where making jokes and taking the piss is how you tell people that you like and accept them.
then he has no place in the modern game

Beardsley is not a bad guy from what you hear, I thunk this is a case of young lads being a bit precious these days

No! Absolutely not! Beardsley is an absolute wanker and a horrible, horrible human being! A lad I grew up with was one of the academy lads that went to court over him years ago and was subsequently released from NUFC. The bloke is a complete bully, racist and downright nasty man.

The lad I grew up with still gets counselling to this day because of him, so please spare me the "precious" line.

Just heard Craig Hope there on TS absolutely laying Into Beardsley and NUFC for trying to cover it all up.

Supposedly Beardsley has bullied the kids for years whilst not necessarily being racist. Hope named another youth player who was bullied and it sounds like this is not an uncommon thing.

No! Absolutely not! Beardsley is an absolute wanker and a horrible, horrible human being! A lad I grew up with was one of the academy lads that went to court over him years ago and was subsequently released from NUFC. The bloke is a complete bully, racist and downright nasty man.

The lad I grew up with still gets counselling to this day because of him, so please spare me the "precious" line.

I met a lad the other week who is doing a load of good work around gambling addiction etc, which he attributes solely to Beardsley’s bullying of him as a kid. Absolutely unreal that this sort of stuff is still seen as being something to be brushed off, or just man the fuck up about. No better than the systematic abuse of kids from anyone else that’s come to light in my eyes.

What will you do Peter. "Why like arl gan to the launderette like an watch the washin gan rowned an rownd an rownd an rownd like till owr lass sayz a can gan ome"

@Sima what's the mags take on this? some interesting comments on the crayonicle's site.
Indeed. Very enlightening which is more than can be said for the people that posted the replies. I wonder what their pet MP makes of this.

Back