Beardsley suspended from all football till April 29th

The snowflake comments are the ultimate parody of the complacent mail reader who has never had to deal with this type of discrimination and lacks the mental dexterity to ever get close to empathising with what it would be like to be a black person having to deal with this sh*t day in day out.

The 'pc gone mad' brigade is the modern day scourge peddled by people who live in blissful ignorance of ever having to front up to any of this shit. It's funny how the 'everyone's offended these days' exponents cry louder than anyone else when they themselves are called out.

The truth, as usual, lies somewhere in the middle.

You’re right, a lot of people are incapable of putting themselves in the position of others that face discrimination. However, it is also true that “outrage” is very much the in thing, hence why people’s pasts are being raked over looking for something that today’s standards judge to be a bit dodgy and won’t be happy until they’ve got down on their hands and knees and begged for forgiveness or been completely ruined if they don’t show enough contrition. Nobody seems to care what a person’s intentions are anymore.

To be clear, in this case Quasimodo was bang out of order and he deserves to be punished for it.

The snowflake comments are the ultimate parody of the complacent mail reader who has never had to deal with this type of discrimination and lacks the mental dexterity to ever get close to empathising with what it would be like to be a black person having to deal with this sh*t day in day out.

The 'pc gone mad' brigade is the modern day scourge peddled by people who live in blissful ignorance of ever having to front up to any of this shit. It's funny how the 'everyone's offended these days' exponents cry louder than anyone else when they themselves are called out.

Nah, sometimes people are desparate to be offended and be a victim. This isn't one of those cases, it's absolutely blatantly wrong and there is no defence for Beardsley.

I don't think Beardsley is a threat to Western Democracy but you cannot go around calling black people monkeys and expect to get away with it.

Seems to me he's like the grandparents who every one makes an excuse for. They use the P word and the N word 'but they don't really mean it as it's what they are used to'.

I am sorry. those words are not acceptable and Beardsley has being getting away with this for years and its finally caught up with him. Do I have any sympathy for him?

No I don't. Racism is racism whoever you are.

Last edited:
this isn't kids being precious, it's flat out racist comment, you can't call black kids monkeys FFS he deserves all he's got and more

1) Mr Beardsley made the comment “You should be used to that” to one or more black players of African origin at the U23 team-building event at Go Ape in October 2017.

2) Mr Beardsley questioned the legitimacy of the age of one or more persons of black African origin by stating “it’s cos you’re not 18” and/or words to the effect of “he’s not 18” to or about one or more players of black African origin

3) Mr Beardsley called A, a player of black African origin, a monkey during a game of head tennis.
I’m waiting for someone to call it “banter”

One of my best mates is a mag and got to play in a 5-a-side game against Beardsley some years back. He plays in goal and said Beardsley spent the whole game calling him a fat bastard. He let it slide during the game thinking he was just trying to put him off. After the game in the changing room the hunchback went up to my mate (who assumed he was going to apologise) and said "f***ing hell, you really are a fat bastard aren't you". My mate has hated him ever since.

And your mate didn't have any thing to come back with?

"Maybe I should take up Bell ringing and keep as slim as you!"

"I could probably lose weight with a bit of effort ya cant fix a melted f***ing welly"

"Say that without a mouth full of marbles ya ugly ****"

I dunno a few ideas there.

Ashley's fault if he ever got rid of people who were good players for the club they would have went nuts but now it's his fault that said club legend turns out to be racist.

Last edited:
this isn't kids being precious, it's flat out racist comment, you can't call black kids monkeys FFS he deserves all he's got and more

1) Mr Beardsley made the comment “You should be used to that” to one or more black players of African origin at the U23 team-building event at Go Ape in October 2017.

2) Mr Beardsley questioned the legitimacy of the age of one or more persons of black African origin by stating “it’s cos you’re not 18” and/or words to the effect of “he’s not 18” to or about one or more players of black African origin

3) Mr Beardsley called A, a player of black African origin, a monkey during a game of head tennis.
Ffs.
When I read the statement saying he'd not had the benefit of eduction and training, I presumed it was going to be something like Alan hansen, when he refereed to 'coloured players'. I have sympathy with this, as terms change and hansen used this in good faith.
But Beardsley man.
He was actually a Newcastle player I quite liked aswell tbh.

And your mate didn't have any thing to come back with?

"Maybe I should take up Bell ringing and keep as slim as you!"

"I could probably lose weight with a bit of effort ya cant fix a melted f***ing welly"

"Say that without a mouth full of marbles ya ugly ****"

I dunno a few ideas there.

Ashley's fault if he ever got rid of people who were good players for the club they would have went nuts but now it's his fault that said club legend turns out to be racist.
He's a mag man....he's not that quick! :)

A lot of posters on here want Roy Keane as the next manager. Does anyone really believe that Beardsley would treat people any worse than Keane. Kids are pathetic these days , I could only imagine how they would react to the treatment I got during basic training in the army.
A quick edit. If he has used some of the racist language mentioned later in the post that changes things.
As a junior leader myself it was just bullying! Simple as that!

The FA Commission stated quite clearly that they don't think he is a racist.

"We are satisfied that Mr Beardsley is not a racist in the sense of being ill-disposed to persons on grounds of their race or ethnicity."

Back