Beach Holidays

Love them me like!
Twice a year we go to Amadores Beach in the canaries and must spend at least half the holiday on the beach just chilling,drinking and pouching. Beds on the beach about 5-10 yards from any amount of bar/restaraunts you want serving top notch bait and chilled beer.
Man made beach as well but when I’m lying there I could be anywhere, we love it.the go

When ya Graft all year I just want to relax
To be honest, I haven’t been on a beach holiday since Lads holidays were still a viable option, so my experiences may be based on lying around feeling like death and trying to get myself right from the hangover/comedown ready for the next night’s session.

Why no it’s not. If we lived in Birmingham, I’m sure the kids would be pointing at the adverts and demanding a beach holiday.

It is. Just cos you have something on your doorstep, it doesn't mean you'd not want to experience a different version of it in another country. I understand that some people would prefer to stay local. Which is fair enough. But I would confidently say that the majority of people who are in a position to go on holiday do.

It's why planes are so popular.

It is. Just cos you have something on your doorstep, it doesn't mean you'd not want to experience a different version of it in another country. I understand that some people would prefer to stay local. Which is fair enough. But I would confidently say that the majority of people who are in a position to go on holiday do.

It's why planes are so popular.
Yes but if I lived next door to Alton towers, I’d be less inclined to do a theme park holiday.

Love Seaburn and other North East beaches, but love swimming and snorkelings in the sea abroad with the kids. Then resting on a sun bed on a nice clean beach, with an iced coffee, oggling the fanny.

sea abroad is good for snorkelling and exploring but if I had to choose I would pick a waterpark everytime

Used to swim at Roker when we were kids and loved it

Regularly visit South Shields, Seaburn and Tynemouth beaches throughout the summer, as well as a beach holiday abroad most years. I do have 3 young kids though and they love it.

I know, I started it :lol:
I was thinking more of holidays with kids, rather than lying on loungers drinking and ogling fanny. The point being that kids aren’t that excited about playing on foreign beaches when they can play on one here.

Yeah, that's fair enough. A beach is a beach to a child, I suppose. Until they become old enough to drink. Then they can get pissed & ogle foreign box in bikinis in 30 degree heat.

I know, I started it :lol:
I was thinking more of holidays with kids, rather than lying on loungers drinking and ogling fanny. The point being that kids aren’t that excited about playing on foreign beaches when they can play on one here.
W

Weather man - had a week in the uk last week and it was f***ing freezing, following week in Spain and the kids loved the beach and sun

Are you less inclined to go on foreign beach holidays if you live near our beaches?
We are down Seaburn quite often in the summer as it’s only 5 minutes away, and the kids are bored with it after a few sunny days in the sea. They aren’t fussed about going to a foreign beach resort at all.
I often forget that the majority of the country don’t live near one and it must be a novelty to visit. Aren’t there supposed to be inner city kids who’ve never seen one?
Anyway, I never look at those adverts with the daft beach man and think that I need a beach holiday. How about you?

There's beaches and there's Nikki Beach St Tropez

It very much life in the fast lane.

W

Weather man - had a week in the uk last week and it was f***ing freezing, following week in Spain and the kids loved the beach and sun
Aye but there are a few weeks in the summer when it’s scorchio and they get their beach fix then. Ok the North Sea is a tad colder than the med but the kids don’t seem to mind. Ironically it was the warm weather brought the jellyfish in last year and it put them off going in.

Aye but there are a few weeks in the summer when it’s scorchio and they get their beach fix then. Ok the North Sea is a tad colder than the med but the kids don’t seem to mind. Ironically it was the warm weather brought the jellyfish in last year and it put them off going in.
Our last holiday abroad was about 4 or 5 years ago and it was too hot for the kids they spent most of the day time inside with the air con.

They enjoy it more in Cornwall or north Wales.

If I book a holiday, It has to be on the beach front with views looking out, I wont step foot on the beach though I'm a laze around the pool guy

Back