Beach Holidays

I rarely use any of Sunderlands beaches. Might have a walk down Roker/Seaburn but usually avoid the sandy bit. Its the same with holidays, will happily vistit coastal destinations just dont go to the beach. Sunbathing is boring & dont want sand in my crevices

Lying on a beach is one of the last things id have on my list in a foreign clime tbh, there's far more to do out and about even in the typical touristy locations.

In tenerife with my family a few years ago they went down the beach and I hopped on a bus to San Cristobal in the mountains, lovely place, much rather do that.

Kavos on a lads holiday last year, we split the group down the middle as half went to the beach and the other half of us rented mopeds and went round the island for the day.

Far more relaxing having a bit of a mooch around and seeing the 'real' (anar it's a cliche) location tbh

Be a small % swim in the sea on Costa hols I'd say
It's the temperatures that takes people abroad

Lovely to look at but canny boring for me
We live in SR5. Go on beach holidays but rarely go to the beach. Never really thought about that sounding a bit daft :lol:

We live miles from the sea so we enjoy visiting a beach.

Plus our doggo loves to do massive turds in the sand.
:lol::lol: Well done

Kavos on a lads holiday last year, we split the group down the middle as half went to the beach and the other half of us rented mopeds and went round the island for the day.
As much as I love sitting about drinking, reckon I’d do the moped in this situation.

Could probably count on one hand the amount of times I’ve been on the beach or in the sea down Seaburn and Roker.

Not much interest in beach holidays, think I’ve been on one in the past 17 years. I don’t think having grown up near the North Sea has owt to do with it believe it or not.

Are you less inclined to go on foreign beach holidays if you live near our beaches?
We are down Seaburn quite often in the summer as it’s only 5 minutes away, and the kids are bored with it after a few sunny days in the sea. They aren’t fussed about going to a foreign beach resort at all.
I often forget that the majority of the country don’t live near one and it must be a novelty to visit. Aren’t there supposed to be inner city kids who’ve never seen one?
Anyway, I never look at those adverts with the daft beach man and think that I need a beach holiday. How about you?

Love them me like!
Twice a year we go to Amadores Beach in the canaries and must spend at least half the holiday on the beach just chilling,drinking and pouching. Beds on the beach about 5-10 yards from any amount of bar/restaraunts you want serving top notch bait and chilled beer.
Man made beach as well but when I’m lying there I could be anywhere, we love it.

When ya Graft all year I just want to relax

Back