Beach Holidays

Dave Herbal

Striker
Are you less inclined to go on foreign beach holidays if you live near our beaches?
We are down Seaburn quite often in the summer as it’s only 5 minutes away, and the kids are bored with it after a few sunny days in the sea. They aren’t fussed about going to a foreign beach resort at all.
I often forget that the majority of the country don’t live near one and it must be a novelty to visit. Aren’t there supposed to be inner city kids who’ve never seen one?
Anyway, I never look at those adverts with the daft beach man and think that I need a beach holiday. How about you?

Most of the public beaches in Barbados were nowt like the brochure. Full of litter and other shite.

Aye sadly many beaches are spoilt but there are still many pristine beaches about. Love a sunbed, a good book, some people watching. Don't always choose beach and sun holidays - last one was; next one is going out, about, around and seeing places.

Aye sadly many beaches are spoilt but there are still many pristine beaches about. Love a sunbed, a good book, some people watching. Don't always choose beach and sun holidays - last one was; next one is going out, about, around and seeing places.
But my question is whether you’d still go on one if you live next to one at home?

I just like beaches so will go to them wherever in the world.

My nearest one is Longsands and I’m there 3 nights a week in the summer but still like going on a holiday where there’s a beach.

Next holiday is actually on the coast in Skye.

But my question is whether you’d still go on one if you live next to one at home?

Don’t live next to one but probably make as much use of one as people who live there do. And yes, still love holidays in coastal areas/being on a beach/in the water.

Partly comes from hating pools I think. Came very close to drowning in one as a bairn so still struggle with them a bit. Despite being objectively more dangerous the sea doesn’t bother me at all.

Be a small % swim in the sea on Costa hols I'd say
It's the temperatures that takes people abroad

Lovely to look at but canny boring for me

Agree would be a nightmare to be stuck in a resort like that for a fortnight with Wilfy - we would end up killing each other due to insanity as neither of us are sun worshippers

Back