bbq chimney starter.

I have never had much of a problem but some days it can take longer than planned. My small camping bbq is where I have struggled before. I usually use a bit of wood to get it started. Shavings after planing wood are brilliant.

The chimney starters are brilliant though. I bought one just to see if it were any good and for £5 it has been brilliant. The only problem is that it does not hold that much fuel so I use the chimney to get a hot core of coals, tip it out and let the other ones round it slowly light.

just been getting one. where have you been all my life,,, class for getting bbq coals lit.
You have obviously never heard of petrol - It never fails to produce a glow in the grate and is the bbq ignition choice of real men. It also adds a lead free four star flavour to your burgers.

Love a bbq & love my chimney - takes all the hassle out of it.

Hoy in some wood smoking chips, stick the lid on to keep it low temp & everything tastes amazing. I don't think there's anything that wouldn't be improved by woodchip smoked bbqing :p

Applewood smoked salad anyone?

I'm the chimney starter, punkin' instigator
I'm the fear addicted, danger illustrated
I'm a Chimney starter, twisted chimney starter
You're a chimney starter, twisted chimney starter
I'm a chimney starter, twisted chimney starter
I'm the bitch you hated, filth infatuated
Yeah! I'm the sausage you tasted, fell intoxicated
Gave it a like for I'm the sausage you tasted, fell intoxicated. You're nuts.:lol:

Love a bbq & love my chimney - takes all the hassle out of it.

Hoy in some wood smoking chips, stick the lid on to keep it low temp & everything tastes amazing. I don't think there's anything that wouldn't be improved by woodchip smoked bbqing :p

Applewood smoked salad anyone?
Poundland have big bags of applewood chips in if ya need any.

Love my gas one tbf, was ideal when I was on shifts, just saves having to go in the house and cook on red hot days.

Even done Sunday dinners on mine just using it like and oven.

I just get the smoking chips for when I want a burnt wood taste

Enlighten me..... what is a proper BBQ?
Proper bbq is where you cook food slowly using indirect heat from wood or charcoal.
What most of us have is a charcoal grill. Which we incorrectly call a bbq.

The Americans have got this one right tbh. Much as I hate to say it.

Back